Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

http://vids.myspace....eoid=1396586762

#2 mtDNA

mtDNA

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Technology, Geo-Politics, Meta-Physics.

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Plenty of it.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:59 AM

Excellent !!!
It is, has, and always will be about the TRUTH.

#3 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Mogho Naaba @ Dec 28 2006, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All I can see is error when I try and play the video!
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#4 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

When you click the link it should play automatically.

#5 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

That was great but did you see the count down to extinction that was on the same video link list? If not watch it, basically (and i've heard this theory from a few scholars now) we are slowly moving to extinction!?! Need to get me some babies by the looks of things!!!
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#6 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:39 PM

Those two shorts were very interesting. I really liked the first one.

I've also heard the 'extinction' theory before although they should make the point that they are referring to African is the US because I'm pretty sure that Africans on the Continent are not just having '1.9' children... Even in the UK, with the various issues surrounding mixed ethnicity relationships, most of the Africans that I know who have families have AT LEAST two children, and this figure tends to be higher with Africans who have recently come here from the Continent. One sister in my aerobics class has five children and she's in her early thirties and she's not an isolated case.
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#7 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:03 PM

I think some "scholars" invent these theories to sell books, how could anybody think Africans are on the verge of extinction? If anything we're the prime example of survival.

#8 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Dec 28 2006, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think some "scholars" invent these theories to sell books, how could anybody think Africans are on the verge of extinction? If anything we're the prime example of survival.

Exactly. Africans ain't going nowhere. If anything it's the europeans who are on their way out.

#9 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:59 PM

Exactly. Africans ain't going nowhere. If anything it's the europeans who are on their way out.

I don't think europeans are at risk of going extinct, but certainly their economic, political, spiritual control is falling apart, but the question is, who will replace them? China or India? The Chinese, high on european political theories, will exploit and mis-use Africa, and the Indians with their racist caste-system, wouldn't think twice about screwing us over. Now is the time we Africans need to get our acts together, otherwise, although we may not go extinct, we literally "ain't going nowhere".

#10 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Dec 28 2006, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think europeans are at risk of going extinct, but certainly their economic, political, spiritual control is falling apart, but the question is, who will replace them? China or India? The Chinese, high on european political theories, will exploit and mis-use Africa, and the Indians with their racist caste-system, wouldn't think twice about screwing us over. Now is the time we Africans need to get our acts together, otherwise, although we may not go extinct, we literally "ain't going nowhere".

The Chinese are the most likely to take over and you're right, we aren't making that much progress (politically and economically at least) but I feel the time is coming soon when we will be put in a position where we are forced to get our acts together. Simply existing doesn't ensure survival, but we will get there.

I look forward to when my future descendants are in a position to tell the white man to go fetch the crumbs off the table. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users