Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:50 PM

I'm a new guy on the forum so please give me your views on this if you read it.

Babylon black man

You say I’m violent because I say light you on fire
But when I say fire I don’t mean fire will burn you, I will burn you

Because my words are fire and they burn you like sweetness to your bitterness
They move you and they speak to you and they call you and they begin to heat you before they scar you so you will never forget them and they will easily forget you but you will never forget me

Because you are not free but you were born free and you’ll die free a shame you cannot live free because your mind is not free and so I burn you so you will remember me and my words will easily forget you but you’ll never forget me

Because my eyes are fire and when you look into them you see Africa in them because I am Africa and Africa is me but you won’t understand because you are not free and so my words burn you so you will remember my words but they will forget you easily and you will never forget me

Because you are not true to you and you are not true to me because you are a black man with brown skin and a white soul tainted by a pink man who calls others yellow and red and like him you do not see that you are me so I will you to see me but you have not seen me so I will burn you with my words and scar you so you will never forget my words but my words will forget you easily

Because you are not free and when you see you, you are first and I am third because of a myth called money you call me bush and I was first before this land created money I was a king and they climbed trees like monkeys and not for food, not to eat but you won’t understand this because you are not free so I’ll burn you Babylon black man and you will see you are you and you are me and I will hug you with African arms and African hands and hand you back your African land and you will see that you are you and you are still me but first I must burn you with my words so you won’t forget my words but my words will forget you easily and you will never forget me when you see and you are free.
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#2 Sankofa

Sankofa

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Ghanaian

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:06 PM

welcome Africanphoenix

the passion in your poem comes across very well.

Very entertaining

peace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users