Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:14 AM

Ya'll should take a look and then let the Fam know what you think whether you agree with the veiws etc
Its all very interesting! smile.gif

SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#2 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:31 AM

Refreshing honest debate! clap.gif
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#3 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:37 AM

I've only watched part one so far and will watch part two then post my comments. Quickly however I would like to say that I believe this is one I will be sending to my address book. It needs to get around
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#4 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

Listening right now.....

#5 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:14 AM

As TFS said, I think it is good to hear a mature, open debate about an issue which Africans need to talk about. For once it is actually Africans who are having the conversation too.

I definitely will be sending those links for all to see because I believe these people could set an example for others who wish to simply have mud slinging contests between the sexes.

I can't wait for the African womens perspective.
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#6 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:30 AM

It's good to finally hear some constructive debate regarding African relationships without all the childish nonsense.

#7 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

Perhaps we could have such a honest, frank debate here!

#8 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:08 PM

I would be glad to once somebody starts it off.

It would also be good if the females on the site did the same.

#9 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:09 PM

Very interesting and mature debate.

I unfortunately find myself agreeing with the brotha about how some women use their children as a weapon against their ex partner. It's such a low thing to do but I know it does happen.
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#10 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:13 PM

Unfortunatley Voo i know a few girls who have done that... its stank to the highest degree, but then these are people who have put little thought into having children in the first place and so use this new life they've created as an emotional weapon. Its cruel, mean and thoughtless and they may only realise the error of they're ways when said new life goes down for 18 months in pentonville!!

Here is part 3 of the dicussion where the guys talk about having children and babymother syndrome etc
letme know what you guys think

Edited by Oshun, 06 December 2006 - 11:14 PM.

SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#11 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

Listening now.....

#12 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:13 AM

Greetings Big Sis, Im Hotep

How are you where have you been. It's been a while. I hope all is well with you.

As I said before I love these debates. They are having an open and honest debate and saying things that do happen but being honest about it. This is what they need to put on radio shows. This is what they need to plaster on our newspapers instead of allowing people not of our ethnic group and people who are not looking after the interests of our communities to have these discussions in a way that is more of an attack on our community. I think this is great. We need more of this.

Shem Hotep

#13 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

Pregnant by mistake? Let the debate begin...

I think, that at the end of the day, it's all about responsibility. If you lie down with someone, there is a chance, no matter how small, that the woman could be pregnant. And because the child is to grow inside the woman, the woman's mindset is probably that because this is about me, and she is feeling no love from her sex partner, that she's entitled to make the decision on whether she is to have the child or not.

One of the guy's was talking about the deceptive ways on how women can get guys pregnant whenever they want to "because they have the power!" But that only applies to guys who use their dicks in place of brains. Believe me, as a guy who loves women, I know how difficult it can be, and I have succumbed to the power of temptation before, but once you've blown up the girl, and she brings your kid into the world, then it's your responsibility to look after and support that kid. That's why with any girl you're intimate with, you have to look at her as a prospective mother to your children.

Big up the guy at the end who was talking about marriage and his thoughts on it! After you're committed, you're playing days are OVER!

#14 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Djehutis Wisdom @ Dec 7 2006, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings Big Sis, Im Hotep

How are you where have you been. It's been a while. I hope all is well with you.

Greetings Lil Bro,

I am well although i am suffering from mental fatigue and my skin has turned yellow (!) which unfortunatley is a symptom of living in this damn coldness. Its end of term so there are Christmas exams to prepare for @ school and i am trying to concoct a plan that will release me from the clucthes of Babylon! Time to step correct and build family etc, on which note....

FLS you give me joke,

I was also scratching my chin at the "pregnant by mistake" thing like these people have no idea about the consequences of they're actions, really the mind boggles. I was slightly perturb by some things that the middle brother was saying about the woman having the child and the man not being interested and so saying "well as long as you do it by yourself and don't look to me for nothin"[/u] HELLO THIS IS A HUMAN LIFE A SMALL PERSON!!!???
We're not talking about a bag of dirty laundry you don't want to wash for christsake!

Thats why i disagree with him when he said it dosent always work like that when people say if your man enough to lie with a woman you should be man enough to take on responsibilty. It SHOULD work like that life is a precious gift its not disposable like tissue.

More thought needs to go into bareback or indeed any sexual encounters!

#15 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

Y'all have covered the points I was going to make by that 'pregnant by mistake' statement.

However the brotha was right when he spoke of some bad mind gal who are quick to bandulu mans by jooking holes in the condoms and whatnot. I've known that to happen sooo many times. That's why a man should walk with his OWN condoms and keep them in his sight at all times.

Edited by Mogho Naaba, 08 December 2006 - 12:12 AM.

#16 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Mogho Naaba @ Dec 8 2006, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However the brotha was right when he spoke of some bad mind gal who are quick to bandulu mans by jooking holes in the condoms and whatnot. I've known that to happen sooo many times. That's why a man should walk with his OWN condoms and keep them in his sight at all times.

Really!? Terrible, again yet more people thinking less about the life they are creating and more about themselves. But i totally agree men should carry contraception with them at all times and make sure they use it!

#17 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Mogho Naaba @ Dec 8 2006, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why a man should walk with his OWN condoms and keep them in his sight at all times.

But if I suspected that a woman was on those dodgy movements to entrap me like that, I'd be off.

My friend told me of this incident, that after he had sex with this girl after using a condom, the girl took the condom and was about to insert its contents into her vagina, but he took it from her just in time. If you lie down with a girl, there's every chance she could get pregnant, even with a controception. If a girl tries that with me, I'm pulling up my trousers, buckling my belt and scampering on the 257 bus for my life! popcorn.gif And I'm never coming back!

#18 Mezmerized

Mezmerized

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    RDC

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:19 PM

unsure.gif I'm not sure they are saying anything so "mind blowingly" honest and new....and those three men are hardly representative of the majority of African men i meet....the one on teh left is a BOY who is already a father...the one in the middle makes some sense one minute, then speaks farts one minute...the one on the left me don't get him that much.

I think the Frelance Scientist has said more of value on this thread than those three men/boys did on 3 video clips....i want my 30 mins back.... laugh.gif

I know i am gone get fish slaped about this but i can honestly say i didn't get ANYTHING of value from viewing those clips....men and women are too complicated and individuals for three men/boys who from listening to them are( i am thinking of a better way to say this so i don't sound snubbish, because thats not my intention) not the kind of guys whom i would consider to be of a "high picking"...sorry, English language is very limited.... sad.gif

I personally don't like things with tittles such as "black men/women talking about the so called TRUTH about black men/women" It solves absolutely nothing because there is no way a few individuals with no qualifications on human behaviour can shed light on the REAL issues that may be between African men and women.

Those clips are useless polemics....talking about things that might be or might not be true.

Finally, i didn't like the imature ways the middle one and the one on the left kept going on about women......it seems they've been dealing with stupid women and all of a sudden this stupidity has clouded their judjement about what REAL women are about. I consider myself to be an intelligent, wordly, kind etc African women....and i suround myself with like minds...as well as having zillions of cousins etc...yet its maybe once in a blue moon do i see the kind of women they are talking about....HOWEVER, when i do meet these women, PLENTY of African men break their backs just to be with these types of crazy chicks....what the hell is going on here?

Everyday i see bare intelligent, kind, conscious, lovely, beautiful African women who are single, whilst the hoodrats have all these line of men who wants to deal with them? Then these hoodrats gets pregnant, and we have just about any tom, dick and harry talking about the ISSUES between black men and women? Pluuuzzeee......as an African woman who is desire an AFRICAN MAN in the future, i don't see what i could possibly learn from all this polemics.

#19 David Lammy (?)

David Lammy (?)

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    An obvious parody

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:14 PM

Why were there no white people involved in this discussion?

#20 BlackMatta

BlackMatta

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Nigerian

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Mezmerized @ Dec 8 2006, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif I'm not sure they are saying anything so "mind blowingly" honest and new....

Acting in front of cameras was how I saw it.

and those three men are hardly representative of the majority of African men i meet....

Africa is huge enough for that to be no surprise.

the one on teh left is a BOY who is already a father...the one in the middle makes some sense one minute, then speaks farts one minute...the one on the left me don't get him that much.

I think the Frelance Scientist has said more of value on this thread than those three men/boys did on 3 video clips....i want my 30 mins back.... laugh.gif

I know i am gone get fish slaped about this but i can honestly say i didn't get ANYTHING of value from viewing those clips....

The value I got from the clip may not have been the intended value. The clip demonstrates how weak the notion of "black culture" is. African cultures are too diverse to be shoe-horned into one. They talk about "black" but they only know their own tiny culture.

men and women are too complicated and individuals for three men/boys who from listening to them are( i am thinking of a better way to say this so i don't sound snubbish, because thats not my intention) not the kind of guys whom i would consider to be of a "high picking"...sorry, English language is very limited.... sad.gif

You failed horribly. smile.gif It sounds both snobbish and "snubbish".

I personally don't like things with tittles such as "black men/women talking about the so called TRUTH about black men/women" It solves absolutely nothing because there is no way a few individuals with no qualifications on human behaviour can shed light on the REAL issues that may be between African men and women.

Perhaps you do not recognise their qualifications because their background is different to yours.

Those clips are useless polemics....talking about things that might be or might not be true.

Surely they tell you something even it does not relate directly to you.

Finally, i didn't like the imature ways the middle one and the one on the left kept going on about women......it seems they've been dealing with stupid women and all of a sudden this stupidity has clouded their judjement about what REAL women are about. I consider myself to be an intelligent, wordly, kind etc African women....

and i suround myself with like minds...as well as having zillions of cousins etc...yet its maybe once in a blue moon do i see the kind of women they are talking about....HOWEVER, when i do meet these women, PLENTY of African men break their backs just to be with these types of crazy chicks....what the hell is going on here?

Simple answer. Their judgement about what REAL women are differs from yours.

Everyday i see bare intelligent, kind, conscious, lovely, beautiful African women who are single, whilst the hoodrats have all these line of men who wants to deal with them? Then these hoodrats gets pregnant, and we have just about any tom, dick and harry talking about the ISSUES between black men and women?

Same answer. Their judgement about what REAL women are differs from yours.

Pluuuzzeee......as an African woman who is desire an AFRICAN MAN in the future, i don't see what i could possibly learn from all this polemics.

If you don't see then you can't learn.

Edited by BlackMatta, 10 December 2006 - 06:19 PM.

Wisdom, not power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users