27 replies to this topic

#21 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:07 AM

Ok I may digress slightly on this but stay with me. In all honesty in first appearances no woman is going to be deemed good enough it depends how one conducts themselves trough the courting period which we all know roughly lasts about a year but obviously if one turn’s up to the first family dinner in a pair of skimpy batty riders with not much to say one is on a looser from the off.

I suppose it depends on the mother and what her morals and ethics are based on bcoz you’ll find a lot of mothers are responsible (albeit indirectly) for the irresponsible behaviour of alot of the men they produce and bcoz no woman can ever be deemed good enough for their little boy they’ll support them through any little garbage from giving alibi’s for incessant womanising at a young age to offering them an open door rent free bachelor refuge coupled with fully cooked meals, washed clothes and the whole shebang so later in life after being spoilt in this way whenever the going gets ruff with regards to their personal responsibilities within relationships a kop out is usually considered to be the most favourable option.

But in a nutshell woman who have traditional way of thinking i.e. home maker will always be preferred to that of the what’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine types genuine mothers intuition will be able to decipher the home maker from the home breaker and it’s after that 1 year trial period one will know if they are going to be fully accepted or not.

Things not to do:

1 Challenged her on what could be deemed to be petty things (This will stain u forever)

2 Sound fed up when being lectured to on how to do things her way (Comes across as arrogant)

3 Always try to speak on behalf of your spouse (can come across as being overbearing and could be deemed as trying to steal her motherly role)

4 Talk about traditional values as if there a thing of the past (comes across as being lazy)

5 Keep looking at your watch on family visits (comes across as rude)

6 Fail to show an interest in her national culture if differs from yours (Very, very important when dealing with mixed African nationalities could set the agenda for life)

7 Failing to remain in eye contact whenever conversing (Comes across as full of yourself)

8 An inability to cook a basic square meal (come across as wotless)

9 Having to much to say (Comes across as unwomanly)

10 Having to little to say (Comes across as Timid, docile and unsure)

I suppose given this list it’s not to hard to work out on how to come across a decent but most importantly first appearances count… so low the skimpiness.

Peace.

#22 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

Er........Thanks for that babe but i think you may have got the wrong end of the stick,

I'm not talking about how to come across with prespective in-laws although i'm sure your breakdown will be useful, i was asking the brothers what makes one woman wifey material and the other not?
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#23 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

Interesting conversation smile.gif
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#24 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Mogho Naaba @ Sep 21 2006, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The girls you can't take home to mama are fun as hell.....trust me!!!

If mama had her way, the girls you'd be seeing would be the goody goody nerdy types who wear braces, don't listen to music and hardly say a word....the bad gal dem rule, ya get me!!! tongue.gif

LOL - I think I might have to remain a subdued observer on this one!! wink.gif
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#25 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

Well i must say i'm surprised!

The brothers are actually silent on this one, now it could be because you are all reverting to type and believe it to be unmasculine to talk about such things in depth, or could it be that there are secrets that go against the "Brothers Code" that simply can't be divulged, or could it be that ya'll just don't know (which I don't believe!)?

Getting men to share knowlege has never been so difficult usually you's lot are throwing it away!
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#26 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Oct 1 2006, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er........Thanks for that babe but i think you may have got the wrong end of the stick,

I'm not talking about how to come across with prespective in-laws although i'm sure your breakdown will be useful, i was asking the brothers what makes one woman wifey material and the other not?

Oh sorry Sis I thought u were talking from a mothers In-laws perspective but u mean from a mans ok a wifey should have no problem up holding traditional values u know the nature and nurturer family set up and if any woman reading this is already thinking hear we go again then I’m afraid your not wifey material standard!

Type 1

A woman who:

Doesn’t expect to get more out of a relationship than she’s prepared to put in.

On a first instance is modest with her beauty. (This is with regards to the beholder)

Is Intelligent, stimulating and sexy whenever necessary.

Constructive with her life plans (Not over structured to the point of drowning u)

Is Not to demanding (9 missed calls in the space of an hour followed by scary messages)

Very thoughtful with regards to her mans welfare (But Not obsessive)

Is consistent in the way she chooses to carry herself.

Doesn’t drag out unnecessary foolishness for the longest while.

Is not to much into the friend ting (Labba labba at any given chance)

Takes pride in looking after her man.

Type 2

A woman:

Who has a lot to say about nothing.

Who is obsessed with designer wear.

Who Thinks lighting up a cigarette makes her attractive.

Who wears to much make up (unnecessary artificial additives)

Who judges u on the contents of your wallet instead of the contents of your brain.

Who believes being independent means being anti man. (i.e. u do your thing and I’ll do mine type attitude)

Who wear weave that is way over due literally hanging by a thread. (Weaves are cool but know your limits)

Who are absolutely obsessed with getting their hair relaxed.

Who discuss soap opera’s as if there the ultimate reality.

Who have a poor diet. (i.e. lack of regard to the content of food in which they eat)

Peace.

#27 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

bump, come now boys don't be shy! biggrin.gif

Edited by Oshun, 03 November 2006 - 08:27 PM.

#28 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Nov 3 2006, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bump, come now boys don't be shy! biggrin.gif

Everyone on here is shy. That's why hardly anyone is responding to my thread on embarassment. Grrr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users