Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:56 PM

" There are two types of women, the ones you take home to your mom and the ones that never see your house!"

Hello Family thought i'd put this one out there to the brothers, do you believe this statement to be true and if so why and what makes one women home to mom material and the other not and what should sisters do to ensure they're not the ones waiting at the end of the street (!)

There are many people writting many books and holding whole heep o seminars about how to and how not to blah blah blah, but i've yet to hear a (sensible) brothers point of veiw on this subject, and i don't want to be rude to the young ones but some sisters need seasoned experienced male advice, even if they don't like to admit it, so can we hear from the mature ones with inner growth and learning under their belts please. wink.gif
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#2 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

need seasoned experienced male

biggrin.gif What in you're opinion makes a seasoned experienced male? I might be younger than some on this forum, but it don't mean I'm not experienced...

One reason is that some women are just immature, like some men are, and they are simply the ones you'd want to have fun with, or get experience with, and not keep as a long term option so why would you bring'em home to mama?

#3 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

The girls you can't take home to mama are fun as hell.....trust me!!!

If mama had her way, the girls you'd be seeing would be the goody goody nerdy types who wear braces, don't listen to music and hardly say a word....the bad gal dem rule, ya get me!!! tongue.gif

#4 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Sep 21 2006, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif What in you're opinion makes a seasoned experienced male? I might be younger than some on this forum, but it don't mean I'm not experienced...

Haaaaa honey no offence but i don't think its you! biggrin.gif Of course i could be wrong though!

I'm not talking about how many times you've "got it wet" i'm talking about how your experiences have shaped your existence what have you learnt, how have you put your learning to practical use in situations, have you reached a place where heart mind and soul are in complete agreeance and you know exactly what and who you want and that for the rest of your life you will be content safe in the knowledge that your learning has bought you exactly what you want and need, knowledge that if you have a recurring problem with people in certain situations that the first palce to look to start fixing it is at yourself.

Thats what i mean by seasoned experienced male

I know older men that still have not learnt the lessons God/Life/Angels keep throwing at them, they are extremely experienced but i wouldn't consider them seasoned.

QUOTE ( @ Sep 21 2006, 03:42PM)
the bad gal dem rule, ya get me!!!

I know a few "bad gyal" and they may rule but if they do its temporary, and as i think they would agree ultimatley unsatisfying. Not all mothers want there sons to see nerdy girls any mother whos realistic and worth her salt would know that restrictting her son too much in this respect is like giving him a one way ticket to the nearest ho!
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#5 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:40 AM

Haaaaa honey no offence but i don't think its you! Of course i could be wrong though!

You're sooooooo judgemental! Yes you are wrong, i'm afraid to say tongue.gif

I'm not talking about how many times you've "got it wet"

Well, we've got to start somewhere! And I've got it on with over 2 girls tongue.gif

i'm talking about how your experiences have shaped your existence what have you learnt, how have you put your learning to practical use in situations, have you reached a place where heart mind and soul are in complete agreeance and you know exactly what and who you want and that for the rest of your life you will be content safe in the knowledge that your learning has bought you exactly what you want and need, knowledge that if you have a recurring problem with people in certain situations that the first palce to look to start fixing it is at yourself.

My answer to the above is yes! I think I've documented my current situation in regards to this in detail http://www.ligali.or...?showtopic=2029

I know older men that still have not learnt the lessons God/Life/Angels keep throwing at them, they are extremely experienced but i wouldn't consider them seasoned.

Well i'm more experienced, seasoned and fairly mature for most brothers my age...if my situation doesn't work out, maybe I'll give you a call! wink.gif

#6 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Sep 22 2006, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if my situation doesn't work out, maybe I'll give you a call! wink.gif

Haaaaaaaaaarrrrghhh haaaa haaaa

Call me for what?

I've tried younger a few times and it just dosen't work for me besides this ship already has a captain biggrin.gif

#7 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:43 PM

Call me for what?

popcorn.gif

I've tried younger a few times and it just dosen't work for me besides this ship already has a captain biggrin.gif

Well maybe if you need a ships-mate, someone to sweep out your decks every now and then when the captain's on a long haul!!!

biggrin.gif

#8 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Sep 26 2006, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well maybe if you need a ships-mate, someone to sweep out your decks every now and then when the captain's on a long haul!!!

LMAOOOOOO!!!!!

biggrin.gif

#9 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:58 PM

See, i'm funny, smart, buff! What more could a woman want? You could be my special friend laugh.gif

Edited by Tafari Shabazz, 26 September 2006 - 09:58 PM.

#10 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Sep 26 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See, i'm funny, smart, buff! What more could a woman want? You could be my special friend laugh.gif

LOLLLLL
Oh bless you your killing me with this isht!

Babes you are already my special friend if i ever need help raising my mast i'll let you know! biggrin.gif
However i think your energies are probably best spent on your young lady friend!

#11 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Sep 26 2006, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Call me for what?

I thought you was a youngun. You mean you're an elder?!

I shall respect you from now on....

#12 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Sep 26 2006, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
popcorn.gif

biggrin.gif

You sure have got the lyrics, bruv! laugh.gif
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#13 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Mogho Naaba @ Sep 26 2006, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought you was a youngun. You mean you're an elder?!

I shall respect you from now on....

Ahem i'm not that old probably about your ageish, but you should respect me anyway as a warm and loving sister!

#14 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:20 PM

LOLLLLL
Oh bless you your killing me with this isht!

You wouldn't believe how many times a girls said that to me!

Babes you are already my special friend

wink.gif

if i ever need help raising my mast i'll let you know! biggrin.gif

raising you're mast? unsure.gif I thought I was the one with the "mast"???

However i think your energies are probably best spent on your young lady friend!

wub.gif

#15 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Sep 27 2006, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#16 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Sep 20 2006, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
" There are two types of women, the ones you take home to your mom and the ones that never see your house!"

Hello Family thought i'd put this one out there to the brothers, do you believe this statement to be true and if so why and what makes one women home to mom material and the other not and what should sisters do to ensure they're not the ones waiting at the end of the street (!)

There are many people writting many books and holding whole heep o seminars about how to and how not to blah blah blah, but i've yet to hear a (sensible) brothers point of veiw on this subject, and i don't want to be rude to the young ones but some sisters need seasoned experienced male advice, even if they don't like to admit it, so can we hear from the mature ones with inner growth and learning under their belts please. wink.gif

Damn! Where do u want me to start?

#17 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Twang @ Sep 28 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn! Where do u want me to start?

Oh here ya go!

Well at the beggining of course O great wise one rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Sep 27 2006, 12:20 AM)

Hee hee,

Please excuse me i ment unfurl my sails.....all this ship talk has got my tingle in a tangle i think i shall have to retire and consult my captan wink.gif

#18 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

Hee hee,

Please excuse me i ment unfurl my sails.....all this ship talk has got my tingle in a tangle i think i shall have to retire and consult my captan smile.gif

hmmmm...well ok, I sometimes have that effect on the ladies...anyway have a good consultation! oochie wally biggrin.gif

#19 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Sep 28 2006, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh here ya go!

Well at the beggining of course O great wise one rolleyes.gif

Do I sense a hint of sarcasm in your tone young lady? Well if your gonna be like that then I'll leave u at the mercy of your judgmental mother in-law or in-law to be tongue.gif

#20 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Twang @ Sep 29 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do I sense a hint of sarcasm in your tone young lady? Well if your gonna be like that then I'll leave u at the mercy of your judgmental mother in-law or in-law to be tongue.gif

Funny Man!

Me sarcastic towards you i would never dream of such a thing i just wait in anticipaction for your eternal wisdom! As for in-laws i def don't have any o them! So come nuh lay it on we........ wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users