• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Jul 27 2006, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And you know what i'd say to them: " Go kiss my beautiful shiney black behind!" clap.gif

Frig them mad.gif who gives a shit what european women think they are so full of sh*t anyway its media and society that tells them they're all that the actual truth is they're far from it, and deep down they know this......maybe we should pity they're insecurities.

LOL.....tell it like it is. popcorn.gif

#82 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (David Lammy @ Jul 24 2006, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If myself and Sharon were to divorce I should hope black women will still consider me.

You never considered them in the first place, so why would an African woman want to consider a Caucasian woman's leftovers?
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#83 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (The Freelance Scientist @ Aug 2 2006, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You never considered them in the first place, so why would an African woman want to consider a Caucasian woman's leftovers?

He considerd her and she even came equipped with an African surname....

#84 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Twang @ Aug 3 2006, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He considerd her and she even came equipped with an African surname....

David Lammy used to date June Sarpong? Nooo really?
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#85 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Aug 4 2006, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
David Lammy used to date June Sarpong? Nooo really?

Check the last paragraph in this link.

#86 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:12 PM

Well bless my days!!

Still had to get himself a white woman before folk took notice though!

The end of the first line of that articul is more worrying 'tipped as Britains first black Prime Minister'! Of course it will never happen but still blink.gif
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#87 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Essence @ Jul 26 2006, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PantherWoman, I do think a man like Thierry is worth saving, he is wasted on a white woman, she is not worthy of him, she cannot fully appreciate him, like an African woman could. I once saw a picture of him wearing a t-shirt with the map of Africa on it, so maybe he is not that disconnected from his roots, but I doubt he would ever become as conscious as Malcolm.

Men like Thierry are not actually physically attracted to white women, they find African women more attractive, they only marry white women because they have been brainwashed into thinking that a only a white woman is good enough when you become successful. I think she probably threw herself at him (you know how these white women behave when they meet a celebrity) and before he knew it, he was married to her.

African women were made for African men, anything other than this combination is going against nature.
Thierry's rightful African soulmate is somewhere out there, hope he doesn't keep her waiting too long!

Ok, I admit to previously having a thang for Monsieur Henry. But when I saw that advert with him profiling with his bluefoot, he suddenly looked ugly as hell but not before a brief period of blind hope that he would come home. Then i had to really be honest with myself. The only reason I felt he might 'come home'/ be worth saving was because he is attractive. So then I had to confront the fact that I do believe we place too much value on aesthetics. I'm not going to start preaching or anything, because I still inhibit this mode of thinking but the fact that we as Africans perceive people differently based on how 'attractive' they are to us physically is surely wrong?? Beswoting certain characterisitics on them because of their appearance can't be right, can it? I mean, are we saying that Thierry is worth saving but someone who looked like a mangy dogs batty should be cast onto the rubbish heap because of something out of his control?

Sorry, just in one of those moods today.

QUOTE (Oshun @ Jul 27 2006, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And you know what i'd say to them: " Go kiss my beautiful shiney black behind!" clap.gif

Frig them mad.gif who gives a shit what european women think they are so full of sh*t anyway its media and society that tells them they're all that the actual truth is they're far from it, and deep down they know this......maybe we should pity they're insecurities.

Please don't get me started on european women.
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#88 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Voo @ May 1 2007, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Say it! popcorn.gif

#89 PantherWoman

PantherWoman

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Voo @ May 1 2007, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I admit to previously having a thang for Monsieur Henry. But when I saw that advert with him profiling with his bluefoot, he suddenly looked ugly as hell but not before a brief period of blind hope that he would come home. Then i had to really be honest with myself. The only reason I felt he might 'come home'/ be worth saving was because he is attractive. So then I had to confront the fact that I do believe we place too much value on aesthetics. I'm not going to start preaching or anything, because I still inhibit this mode of thinking but the fact that we as Africans perceive people differently based on how 'attractive' they are to us physically is surely wrong?? Beswoting certain characterisitics on them because of their appearance can't be right, can it? I mean, are we saying that Thierry is worth saving but someone who looked like a mangy dogs batty should be cast onto the rubbish heap because of something out of his control?

Sorry, just in one of those moods today.

Voo, it isn't just his looks that make him worth saving. Thierry comes across as a very cool guy in interviews which makes him attractive. Also, he is an extremely talented footballer and talented people can be attractive just because of the great talent they have. Admiration turns into attraction. Some sports personalities/celebrities look good... but come across arrogant, or thick, or dull which then makes them unattractive. Richard Blackwood for example, nice looking man, but not attractive AT ALL. Why? Because he comes across as a dickhead to me. When I saw him lying down with a tube up his bottom on t.v. having a colonic irrigation - that was IT for me. Will Smith - I can logically see he is not bad looking, but something about him/his persona just turns me off. Chris Eubank - not good looking and NOT attractive; he also comes across strange, what with the way he talks and his funny sense of dress. Even with his (rather unfortunate) looks, he could still be attractive to more women maybe, if he wasn't so odd. So you see, it isn't just looks in isolation that make someone attractive or unattractive - for most people anyway, there's usually a bit more to it; even in the initial stages.

Everyone, whether they realise it or not, perceives people differently based on how attractive they find them physically. Even babies cry when ugly people look at them! It might not be right but it's human nature. Beautiful things draw our attention and admiration in a way that ugly things can't. It's natural. Until you get to know someone, the main thing you know about them is how they look and that 'look' has the power to attract you, repel you or leave you indifferent. Someone who looks like a mangy dog's batty may well have a heart of gold so it does make sense to look beyond the surface though - which I'm sure we all do as we mature and learn from our errors in judgement.

#90 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:13 PM

@ Voo

LOL @ "mangy dogs batty" laugh.gif

#91 Essence

Essence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ghanaian

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

[quote name='Essence' date='Jul 26 2006, 06:31 PM' post='18634']
He probably has the life African men with white wives have, an unfulfiled one. I believe that only an African woman can make an African man happy. He will only be fulfiled once he has an African wife but he does not know this, unfortunately. He will probably divorce her after she has gotten on his last nerve.

Thierry has taken my advice.

Edited by Essence, 21 July 2007 - 03:57 PM.

#92 PantherWoman

PantherWoman

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Essence @ Jul 26 2006, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He probably has the life African men with white wives have, an unfulfiled one. I believe that only an African woman can make an African man happy. He will only be fulfiled once he has an African wife but he does not know this, unfortunately. He will probably divorce her after she has gotten on his last nerve.

Thierry has taken my advice.

You predicted it! Well done Essence.

clap.gif

Edited by PantherWoman, 21 July 2007 - 10:23 PM.

#93 Maat

Maat

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Guyana & St Vincent

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (PantherWoman @ Mar 29 2006, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Talking about those guys that have chosen to be (and procreate) with european women (or other non-Africans) for years...and then decide they want a "nice 'black' girl now".

Would you bother trying to bring them back to the fold? Or would you consider them 'lost' forever?

I think they're more than likely lost forever depending on how far down that road they've gone...but maybe I'm too harsh.

dry.gif

Hmmm well knowing me I'd probably reason with the guy and give him a likkle education but he'd have to put that thing in someone else a bit more forgiving. I'd feel dirty even as he came towards me with his tings and I knew where it's been ...the thought makes me shudder. Nah it's alright. Good that he sees things different now but booooy damage has been done man....betta mek sure I stay married so I donlt have to entertain the thought becoming a reality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users