• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    RDC

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (InCharge @ Apr 7 2006, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder what your opinions are with regards to other races - e.g. Indian, Chinese, arab, Native American (both North and Latin America) in addition to African men who have been in past relationships with a mixed woman of African descent or mixed women generally.

The same applies to Indian, N.A or ARABS(especially this one....any African man who goes there is probably the most puzzling one to me)

Mixed women(with African ONLY).....well that would depends really, there are those who are just as worst as white women....you know the liberal types who keeps on baging on about if it wasn't for their parents union they wouldn't be here blahh blahhh.....this types you cannot talk to them about race, or anything to do with African pride. Trust me, i have had to ignore plenty of emails from these types when i meet them at work or through Uni. And we all know that partners do have influences in our lives to a great extent....so if he lived with all those kinds of bulshit of we are all the world from his former miss mixie, he might as well have been sleeping with a white woman or worse arab....lol

But there are also those mixed raced woman who are in touch with their African sides, this i wouldn't mind because i know that if she was still in my man's life on friendly basis, i won't have to watch my tongue just in case i say something politicaly incorect about her beloved mother's/father's people.

My stance on this is that if it was a one off kind of things and i can see through your dating history that you don't have that patern of only dating women of other races, then i can understand. But as a grown ass man who talks of we are all the world, then you can forget it. I will be heading home to Africa anyways, plenty of fish in the sea there for me to waste my time putting up with closet lost souls here... laugh.gif

#22 Sooofresh

Sooofresh

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:23 PM

InCharge

Indian, Chinease, arab or whatever are all racist against africans...........so they are included with europeans.

now with mixed............hmmm.......i do now that mixed kids especially those with an african mother tend to be more african then the other............

but generally the IDEAL is 100% african

#23 InCharge

InCharge

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:27 PM

Soofresh:

[slightly off topic question] Do you think that mixed children with an African mother tend to be more African than mixed kids with an African father?

Edited by InCharge, 07 April 2006 - 05:28 PM.

http://www.trinicenter.com/

#24 Sooofresh

Sooofresh

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:00 PM

@Incharge

yes i do believe so, at the end of the day the child spends his or hers formative years with the mother........and she shapes cultural aspects...........ofcourse not all eg Diana Ross...........

if you look at history of Liverpool, large percentage are of mixed race percentage.....mainly between african sailors and white local prostitutes........man they are Frigged up mentally and physically.

#25 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:32 PM

lol.....

#26 Sekhmet

Sekhmet

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (InCharge @ Apr 7 2006, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Pantherwoman:

With regards to Thierry Henry, French men of African descent have serious psychological issues - worse than any other in the diaspora.

Actually I was going to say that Thierry Henry has too many things against him to change

1. French African as you have already mentioned
2. Football culture big no no with most Africans in this sports field kicking the ball goes hand in hand with having a white women infact I wouldn't be surprised if its part of the their contact lmao.

#27 Sekhmet

Sekhmet

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (InCharge @ Apr 7 2006, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder what your opinions are with regards to other races - e.g. Indian, Chinese, arab, Native American (both North and Latin America) in addition to African men who have been in past relationships with a mixed woman of African descent or mixed women generally.

I feel the same with other races especially Indians because that fool that was on celebrity big brother was a typcial Indian women who thinks African men should be swarming around them because they have the features of white women with a little drop of colour to not make the transaction so bad lol. They honestly feel they can satisfy the African man based on what they perceive his desires are. Well judging by advertising and music industry they seem to have alot of evidence to back up this claim unfortunately by the hands of our own African artists. As for the mixed women of African descent I have this notion, and I stand by it based on experience of my mixed race friends. They both refuse to call themselms mixed race even though I tell them they are but as far as they are concerned they were raised by their African parent soley and raised in an african community with african culture so these particular friends would only choose an African partner. Infact both of them do not know who their white parent is one was raised by her Jamaican father and the other by her Grenadian mother. I honestly believe that majority mixed race raised towards their non African culture will seek relationship more to that side of their culture and vice versa.

So this can be a confusing subject because on one hand I answer you based on evidence but on the other my arguement stating I would not take back a man who dated white women is based on non-evidence because look at Malcolm X. Look at the earlier part of his life compard to what we know he stood for towards the end of his life I suspect African women would have been lining up to his chosen partner for the latter stage of his life.

Actually I take some of it back because even in my life I have had a few experiences of knowing men at different Pro African meetings who still took up with a white women so for me in particular I couldn't accept just a simple plea of wanting to come back to African women I mean for gosh sake I am still trying to get over the rapper Common having the nerve to cuss Rasta's for dating white women while he happily pokes the pork randomly. His arguement is that Rasta's are a great influence on the African community so I guess his music we should all consider as fairy tale rhymes then.

So you see I need more convincing.

#28 Sekhmet

Sekhmet

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Sooofresh @ Apr 7 2006, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Incharge

yes i do believe so, at the end of the day the child spends his or hers formative years with the mother........and she shapes cultural aspects...........ofcourse not all eg Diana Ross...........

if you look at history of Liverpool, large percentage are of mixed race percentage.....mainly between african sailors and white local prostitutes........man they are Frigged up mentally and physically.

@Sooofresh

I just read this so please read above what I wrote to Incharge. I think you are right and I only know of one case based on my experiences that was different. One of my mixed race friends in particular was raised by her Jamaican father and let me tell you the only time I am reminded this girl is mixed race is when I see her hair texture. That is all because not only did her father give her an unique Egyptian Goddess name but some of my early reading on African literature was at her home. But I do overstand what you mean about liverpool infact I actually find that London mixed race are the most African cultured well in my age group. Remember my days are days when Africans and mixed raced where grouped together so a mixed race can think she is barbie with a tan but society is slapping in his or her face that she is BLACK!!!!! END OFF.

But your right I see too many mixed race children where the African father don't give a damn about teaching them about their african culture and history infact more time the African man is too busy sitting down to his pie and mash dinner with a can of beer to wash it down. But now this trend is amongst the African women too I say Lost souls the lot of them.

Edited by Sekhmet, 10 April 2006 - 01:21 AM.

#29 InCharge

InCharge

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:36 PM

I now think people should date who they like. They should be judged on what they do for their community rather than the chick on their arm.

#30 Sankofa

Sankofa

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ghanaian

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (InCharge @ May 4 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I now think people should date who they like. They should be judged on what they do for their community rather than the chick on their arm.

Why the dramatic change?....did you meet someone.... biggrin.gif

#31 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:25 PM

rolleyes.gif

#32 InCharge

InCharge

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Sankofa @ May 5 2006, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why the dramatic change?....did you meet someone.... biggrin.gif

... I am trying to change the direction of the debate a little bit...

I was wandering whether anyone agreed with that assertion or whether, as far as our women (and men) are concerned, there is no room negotiation. I look forward to hearing peoples thoughts.

Edited by InCharge, 06 May 2006 - 11:03 AM.

#33 Timeline

Timeline

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    unsure

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (InCharge @ May 6 2006, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... I am trying to change the direction of the debate a little bit...

I want to hear peoples thoughts....

I think that you can't truly "help" someone if you are confused yourself....I don't care how much community service you do. Who you are is related to who you spend a significant amount of time with and ESPECIALLY who you choose to reproduce with.

#34 InCharge

InCharge

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:07 AM

@Sankofa

And no, I haven't shacked up with whitey. Lol. Once I've reached a certain level of income I'm going to Naija anyway.

Edited by InCharge, 06 May 2006 - 11:13 AM.

#35 Sankofa

Sankofa

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ghanaian

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (InCharge @ May 6 2006, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Sankofa

And no, I haven't shacked up with whitey. Lol. Once I've reached a certain level of income I'm going to Naija anyway.

ok LOL...., well i co-sign Timeline's response to your question

#36 Taysense

Taysense

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Somalian

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

As always women are seriously underestimating the male libido, contrary to popular believe, their is no conscious effort to go after "white women" or any other woman, but just women. dry.gif

But at some point every man has a breaking point, when he decides culture and family take precedence over daily visits to punani street.

#37 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (InCharge @ May 4 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know you wish to change the direction of the debate, but how do you trust someone who chats "black" but sleeps "white?" If Farrakhan's missus was a Caucasian, would he be more/less credible in the eyes of his people? If Tony Blair's wife was an African, would Africans respect him more?

I would have more respect for an African leader to have a strong African man/woman by his/her side. For me, it translates a sense of strength.

Edited by The Freelance Scientist, 10 May 2006 - 05:43 PM.

[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#38 InCharge

InCharge

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

@ALL

Now that there have been some answers to my devils advocate question...

Where do your responses leave people like Bernie Grant and Kwame Nkrumah?

Edited by InCharge, 11 May 2006 - 09:36 AM.

#39 Sankofa

Sankofa

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ghanaian

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (InCharge @ May 11 2006, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ALL

Now that there have been some answers to my devils advocate question...

Where do your responses leave people like Bernie Grant and Kwame Nkrumah?

it is very rare........LOL

Edited by Sankofa, 11 May 2006 - 04:54 PM.

#40 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:34 AM

Should we welcome them back?

Maybe... I know of at least 2 brothers who were welcomed back and boy do they regret leaving home in the first place! In both instances they have had children with the euro and subsequently realised how messed up they were. Having said that, I am not one of those sistas who could date a brotha who has sinned in this fashion.

I think Mes said it best when she talked about the 'disturbing aura'. Key signs tend to be:

- When they walk into a room with sistas, they don't look at us.

- They are very agressive in the way they speak to sistas.

- They live in Enfield or Romford biggrin.gif

- Lack of basic hygiene practices mad.gif

- They are bisexual
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users