128 replies to this topic

#1 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:15 PM

About the African man and more no questions unanswered...

#2 abissinia

abissinia

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 11:00 PM

Here's my first very, very serious question, which btw i expect in detal explanation. Anyways my question........................

What's up with African men and their obsession with fiddling with their thingy between their legs? Are they scared it may just poof and disappear so they have to keep checking and counting how many bits is still in tact?

(Oh yeh please leave out yellow, pink, and marshal men in your explanation... just stick to African men ta very much)
user posted image

#3 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:05 AM

Abissinia

That’s just a comfort ting something that’s done subconsciously probably just paying respects to the giver of life but under no circumstances must u get it confused with those that choose to beat it up hard with a means of getting a tingly result afterwards bcoz given the ratio of woman to man one should never have to get high on there own supply.

Peace.

#4 Lady Vee

Lady Vee

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Grenadian/Guyanese

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (abissinia @ Dec 30 2005, 11:00 PM)
Here's my first very, very serious question, which btw i expect in detal explanation. Anyways my question........................

What's up with African men and their obsession with fiddling with their thingy between their legs? Are they scared it may just poof and disappear so they have to keep checking and counting how many bits is still in tact?

(Oh yeh please leave out yellow, pink, and marshal men in your explanation... just stick to African men ta very much)

Funnily enough, my 6 year old does the same thing....

I'm beginning to think it's inherent......

#5 Tunduzi

Tunduzi

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:46 PM

It's not complicated or mysterious.

Obviously there are bits down there that get tangeled up and twisted about depending on how you move or sit. Can't sit with legs together for example. When things do get crowded and uncomfortable they must be freed. How discreetly this is done depends on parenting LOL, some people have no broughtupsi!!

Anyway I blame it on clothes designers because nobody has designed mens undies that both look good and keep stuff out of trouble.

#6 Lady Vee

Lady Vee

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Grenadian/Guyanese

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:30 PM

....and we all know African men are well-endowed so it's difficult for them to keep their bits under control...... biggrin.gif

#7 Gazelle

Gazelle

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    BUQ

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

My friend chocolate asked this question in an earlier thread.

Why is it when you pay a guy a compliment, he automatically thinks you are trying to bed him?

Discuss.

#8 Tunduzi

Tunduzi

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:19 PM

It's a rare occurance so one assumes something must be up... and if you'r being honest, you ARE!

#9 Gazelle

Gazelle

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    BUQ

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:19 PM

SS, no, that is not true, and it was not either mine, nor my friend's intention to do so. If you are walking passed a store and you see a nice pair of shoes, they are not your style but you agree they are nice, that does not mean you want to buy them now does it?

Edited by Gazelle, 06 January 2006 - 07:25 AM.

#10 DSP

DSP

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Kpelle/Bassa/Freed Kidnap Victim

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Gazelle @ Jan 3 2006, 02:32 PM)

Why is it when you pay a guy a compliment, he automatically thinks you are trying to bed him?

Discuss.

Maybe they're not used to it, so when it happens he's like oh.

#11 abissinia

abissinia

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

Discuss.

[SIZE=7]

Ok may i ask if that is a problem? cause the way Chocolate described it in the other thread was as if he was put off (for lack of better word). Just never heard of an African man or any man having an issue with that, even if they have no intention of going through with it.
user posted image

#12 Gazelle

Gazelle

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    BUQ

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (abissinia @ Jan 3 2006, 11:40 PM)

Discuss.

[SIZE=7]

Ok may i ask if that is a problem? cause the way Chocolate described it in the other thread was as if he was put off (for lack of better word). Just never heard of an African man or any man having an issue with that, even if they have no intention of going through with it.

Abs you have to have been there to see it, his head visibly swelled up and he walked away....hello? If someone gives me a compliment, I lap it up but I do not think there is an ulterior motive, a girl can always tell when there is one....

#13 Tunduzi

Tunduzi

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Gazelle @ Jan 3 2006, 07:19 PM)
SS, no, that is not true, and it was not either mine, nor my friend's intention to do so. If you are walking past a store and you see a nice pair of shoes, they are not your style but you agree they are nice, that does not mean you want to buy them now does it?

It mean If they aren't my style then I don't like them. If I said I liked em it means I want them but I can't afford them. BTW shoes wasn't a good example LOL you have to relate on my level here... pretend you said a new gizmo of undeterminable function LOL

If I paid a woman a compliment doesn't mean I like her at all because we expected to do that all day long anyway and it's second nature he he he Women rarely compliment dudes. Unless they like em. Only women who compliment me besides women who are flirting are my family or friends and they don't count.

For a stranger to compliment me MEANS something. ALWAYS.

#14 Gazelle

Gazelle

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    BUQ

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:38 PM

Yes, but if its an older woman complimenting you.....like me complimenting you.......would you think I was trying to tap that?

#15 Tunduzi

Tunduzi

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

Pretending for a second that you were a stranger then my head is that big, yes. It does happen LOL

Oh and women don't "tap" anything. It's a crude term and it's not anatomically correct!

#16 Gazelle

Gazelle

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    BUQ

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (SoberSimian @ Jan 4 2006, 12:52 AM)
Pretending for a second that you were a stranger then my head is that big, yes. It does happen LOL

Oh and women don't "tap" anything. It's a crude term and it's not anatomically correct!

I was trying to get into the male mind...clearly backfired lol

But you understand my point? I can say SS you have lovely eyes and walk away...that is the difference between you guys and us........ smile.gif

#17 Tunduzi

Tunduzi

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:03 AM

If you didn't know me and you told me I had nice eyes? Of course you're flirting with me!! Why mention a strangers nice eyes?

#18 Gazelle

Gazelle

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    BUQ

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:26 AM

Because they are nice........I appreciate male beauty, and should be able to express it freely without being accused of flirting...... tongue.gif

#19 Tunduzi

Tunduzi

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:36 AM

Then express it to somebody else not the person in question.

If I liked a woman but for some reason wasn't about to approach or chirps her (lets say I was on an early morning milk and eggs run fresh outta bed LOL) then I would tell somebody else about her if I absolutely HAD to express it. I might show my friend next to me if I see a nice chick on road I got no intentions of moving to. Most likely though, if I liked her and I went as far as TELLING her that then obviously I must be trying to nice her up and flatter her for a REASON.

#20 The Mighty Mos Def

The Mighty Mos Def

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:1) All continental and diaspora African culture.<br><br>2) Africentric philosophy.<br><br>3) Sociology(from the African point of view in particular, but not in totality).<br><br>4) African intergender relations, theory and ideology.<br><br>5) Pan-Africanism <br> <br>6) Domestic(American), African and global politics and policy; and how they relate to each other.<br><br>7) History<br><br>8) Sports<br><br>9) Various musical art forms.

• Cultural Heritage:
    African-American

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Gazelle @ Jan 3 2006, 10:32 AM)

Discuss.

Some cats are simply prone to believe that a woman that pays them a compliment is coming on to them.

As SoberSimian said, when we pay a lady a compliment about her physical appearance, we aren't doing it out of the kindness of our hearts like females claim to do; at the very least we're flirting, if not more. It seems like this situation is just another misunderstanding that happens between the sexes because of our differences.

Another explanation could be that the cat simply isn't used to positive feedback from the opposite sex and responded in the way a newcomer to the game would. A cat that's used to positive feedback from the ladies is more likely to realize that a compliment doesn't mean the lady wants to get with him; it could have simply meant she found a feature of his attractive. A female finding one or a few attractive features in a male doesn't equal total physical attraction on her part in a sexual manner, some people don't understand that, and that leads to them misreading situations.

Again, this is a case of men believing that females think like we do, when that is clearly not the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users