• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Dec 27 2006, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went out with one that used to pace the floor after being intimate, monologing on the depth of intimacy and the suspension of coital affiliation!!! blink.gif

Did he by any chance have a flow chart for a more detailed analysis laugh.gif

Seriously though, where do you all find these people. I can sniff out a crazy from miles away now and I think it may be something about my demeanor (or just my sheer size) but nobody like this ever comes near me. Maybe my pheromones deter foolishness.
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#42 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Djehutis Wisdom @ Dec 27 2006, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was no flow chart but there was alot of gesticulating!

Seriously though, where do you all find these people. I can sniff out a crazy from miles away now and I think it may be something about my demeanor (or just my sheer size) but nobody like this ever comes near me. Maybe my pheromones deter foolishness.

Yea maybe, but i do tend to talk to anyone though and can be too friendly for my own good (still trying to achieve some balance wid dat)!
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#43 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:05 PM

The crazy ones are those who appear to be normal at first. Sometimes you can't suss them out until a situation happens and they just flip their lid and go all Coco Pops on you.

#44 Danny

Danny

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:Linguistics, Culture, Learning, Truths

• Cultural Heritage:
    Nigerian

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Tafari Shabazz @ Dec 12 2006, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was 16 I went on a "date" with one of my sisters mates, she was all sweet one minute, then she kept having mood swings were she'd insult me for no reason, I made the mistake of asking her for some change and she said i was "bloody cheap" (learnt the lesson never ask a girl to pay), then we went to see a movie I wanted to watch "fucking crap, why'd we come to this, dumbass" etc etc (always let the girl choose). We took the bus "My last boyfriend had a car", when we passed people she knew she got up and told the driver to "stop here", and we had to walk the last mile in the rain incase people saw her on the bus. Basically she was unstable!!!

HA HA Sounds like most women - bar the expletives!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
I hope you choose more wisely in future! laugh.gif
You can't stop the reign.

#45 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Dec 27 2006, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went out with one that used to pace the floor after being intimate, monologing on the depth of intimacy and the suspension of coital affiliation!!! blink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#46 Eccentricity

Eccentricity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    South Africa

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

happened just a couple weeks ago - was dating a cool, calm collected African man - 40. 10 year divorced, 2 teenage kids. excellent host, nice apartment, cooks well, great music, black power etc.. one evening at his place he brings out a bunch of photo's (inwardly I groan.. but ok.. it's ony a handful) and they are photos of his sister. "lovely looking woman", I say because she is immacualte: model precision type make-up, perfect cared for hair, pristine beautiful outfit. I flip to the next photo. It is his sister again.. in nothing but a bra and a skirt. (wtf?) but I just kinda go "hmmmm.. ok".. then move to the next - again said sister striking a sexy pouty pose on a doorframe. (now I'm bothered.. what the hell kind of *brother* is this?).. the words are on my lips when it hits me.. I recognize that "pout" - these are photo's of HIMSELF!

*choke choke* *gasp gasp*

my reaction prompted him to quickly take the pics back and claim they were just him and his buddies fooling aound.. but comeon.. what 40 year old man does that? and sooo.. convincingly? A sense of morbid curiosity makes me wonder what the rest were like.. but nah.

#47 PantherWoman

PantherWoman

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Eccentricity @ Apr 20 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
happened just a couple weeks ago - was dating a cool, calm collected African man - 40. 10 year divorced, 2 teenage kids. excellent host, nice apartment, cooks well, great music, black power etc.. one evening at his place he brings out a bunch of photo's (inwardly I groan.. but ok.. it's ony a handful) and they are photos of his sister. "lovely looking woman", I say because she is immacualte: model precision type make-up, perfect cared for hair, pristine beautiful outfit. I flip to the next photo. It is his sister again.. in nothing but a bra and a skirt. (wtf?) but I just kinda go "hmmmm.. ok".. then move to the next - again said sister striking a sexy pouty pose on a doorframe. (now I'm bothered.. what the hell kind of *brother* is this?).. the words are on my lips when it hits me.. I recognize that "pout" - these are photo's of HIMSELF!

my reaction prompted him to quickly take the pics back and claim they were just him and his buddies fooling aound.. but comeon.. what 40 year old man does that? and sooo.. convincingly? A sense of morbid curiosity makes me wonder what the rest were like.. but nah.

OH. MY. DAAAAAAYYYYZZZZZ!!!!!!! ROTFLMBAO!!!!

clap.gif

#48 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:04 PM

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

#49 Eccentricity

Eccentricity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    South Africa

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

yebo! after that shocker i mentally replayed all our time together - hoping to find a glaring hint to this fetish that I may have missed.. I recalled one evening we were just messing around... he cooked a great dinner, I was chilling on the couch letting my food digest, he put on some tunes.. I coaxed him into dancing for me.. all types.. from Reggage, Rap, Traditional, local.. inevitably.. strip tease. The man grabbed the nearest floor lamp and started imitating pole dancing... I thought it was a little odd.. and in fact, teased him about it - he stopped. After that day we'd be on MSN and on occasion his reply to my Q "whatcha up to?" would be "practicing my pole dancing".. and I'd laugh.. but now.. in hindsight.. ugh.. I shudder...

#50 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:39 PM

OH MY OH MY OH MY

I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#51 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Eccentricity @ Apr 20 2007, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jaw is still on the floor... This must be a joke!
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#52 PantherWoman

PantherWoman

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Voo @ May 1 2007, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jaw is still on the floor... This must be a joke!

It has a ring of truth to it, I believe it. Makes your blood run cold to think of a thing like this happening though. I wish Eccentricity would come back and tell us more. I'm interested to know what happened next...

I have a friend who is living with a loony. ohmy.gif Some women just don't seem to have their 'madman sensor' functioning correctly. You have to be sooo careful not to get caught up and carried away... and then find yourself in the very difficult position of trying to extricate yourself from a relationship with a crazy person.

#53 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

That is utterly priceless, i don't know what i would of said what did you say? What happened next? Is he a closet homo? WTF indeed!

Edited by Oshun, 01 May 2007 - 10:41 PM.

SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#54 Eccentricity

Eccentricity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    South Africa

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

Unfortunately I'm the type that only thinks of the good come-backs/phrases long after the event smile.gif

Sorry to diaappoint, but nothing further happened. I dont really mind fetishes (to each their own) and wasnt even close to being serious with the guy - was just a casual thing (for me) and before the photo incident, I was planning on not seeing him again anyway. Which put me in a little dilema, because somehow I felt compelled to see him at least one more time, so he wouldnt think I dumped him because he has a fetish..

I met him a couple times after that, to watch a DVD, or football (no messing around) dry.gif but never brought it up. I just did a "fade" and havent seen him socially (one on one) for awhile now, although we occasionally bump into each other at venues. I just smile when I see him walking/dancing his manly strut - his secret is safe with me. It has to be, as I'm his boss's boss. blink.gif So I consider it a Stalemate.

#55 NubianQ

NubianQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Nigerian

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

clap.gif Funny stories. I remember years ago being stopped by this guy and his cousin, the fine one chatted me up and we exchanged phone numbers, that evening I got a call from his cousin who bluffed his way out of my 'where is your cousin, how come you are calling me' questions. We got chatting and I started to wonder if this exchange of numbers was for himself or his cousin, as I had been led to believe. Yes I was right, this guy thought by using his cousin as the bait, I would respect his originality, and date him! Wrong, he got dumped like a hot puff puff. wink.gif

#56 Ma-at Mama

Ma-at Mama

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Music, politics, poetry, good company, mind sex

• Cultural Heritage:
    Caribbean

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Mogho Naaba @ Dec 12 2006, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone ever dated someone who was more loopy than a box of springs?

OMG. Mos' def'. He was nuttier than a fruit cake, but devestatingly amazing in bed.

*sigh*

Rollercoaster relationship. Lasted 7 months, but my goodness, it felt longer. Possessive, irrational, contrary, insanely jealous, blah. If i had continued with the relationship any longer, I would have ended loonier than him.

I don't want to talk about it anymore. wacko.gif

#57 Ma-at Mama

Ma-at Mama

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Music, politics, poetry, good company, mind sex

• Cultural Heritage:
    Caribbean

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Eccentricity @ Apr 20 2007, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(((FALLS OFF CHAIR)))

#58 PantherWoman

PantherWoman

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

I once went on a date with a man who turned up wearing...a three piece suit with a bright yellow kipper-style tie. It was only a laidback restaurant and there was really no need for this, I was wearing jeans, and a casual top. I overlooked it on that occasion because I could see (there were other signs!) that he was really trying to impress me.

The next time we went out, he turned up in a waistcoat with a shirt and trousers, made out of what seemed to be some kind of knitted material...and a long camel-coloured wool coat with a belt (Crombie style like what my dad wears!) laugh.gif Again, I was doing the smart-casj thing in jeans and a little jacket, so I basically felt like I was out with my father.

The third time (and this was the final straw) he turned up in a bottle green suit with a massive tie with a very bold swirly pattern all over it . You could tell he thought he was 'the man' as well the way he was strutting about and going on like he was all debonair. LOL!! Meanwhile, I was just thinking WTF??! And "A wah dis pon mi"?? blink.gif I was just glad that I didn't run into anyone I knew at the place we went to. I don't really 'get' why he was wearing these off-key ties, we didn't go anywhere that it was appropriate to wear a tie to. unsure.gif The ties I saw this man wearing reminded me of the ties my Head Of Year in school used to give out to pupils to wear when they had not worn one to school...it was considered a punishment to have to wear one of this teacher's old ties from donkey's years ago because they were so wide and ugly and loud.

The last incident was so bad that it pretty much spelled the end. It wasn't the only reason why I decided things couldn't go any further, but it was a major factor. I didn't think I was that shallow before, (probably because I'd never been tested in this way) but I guess I am, because his dress sense really offended me and helped to put me off him. The next time I bumped into him, he was wearing the bottle green trousers with stitched turn ups (part of the two piece suit I saw him in before) with I think it was brown shoes (or was it black?), and a sort of black and white checked ill-fitting jacket. I was just relieved that I didn't have to date him anymore! Who the f*** dresses like that??? I mean, out of the people who aren't blind and who have a mirror in the house.

I was misled initially because when I met him he was dressed quite casually in a hoody and jeans. Even though I could have found fault with that outfit, and I er...did find fault with that outfit; I decided that his dress on this occasion could easily be improved upon and went on to date this fella, but things went sharply downhill from that first outfit. I have to put him in the 'dating a loony' thread because any man in his thirties that could dress like that must be a loony in my opinion. He did appear to have some good qualities, but there were other things about him that set my loony radar off though, so I'm just glad I was able to make a clean getaway without having to resort to the help of the police or militant forces. Phewww!!

#59 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:34 AM

Ok I'm sure no one here likes soca but once i was at a soca rave and met a guy slightly younger than me (which is another reason why younger guys are to be avoided sometimes) who seemed quite nice. We chatted and he was a professional with a good job and seemingly stable fun loving personality. Anyway we exchanged numbers and i met him for a date where he kept talking in innuendos all the way to the bar (kind of like a 12 year old) as you can imagine this was quite off putting and i told him in no uncertain terms that i didn't appreciate this and that he could just relax and not relate everything back to sex cos actually it was very boring.
Anyway to cut a long story short he kept indicating that he wanted to see me again and hoped it would go further to which i said no under no circumstance. So the following day whilst i was at work he sent me a picture of his erect penis!! I couldn't believe it! I was looking at it on the computer as i had a phone that didn't receive picture messages at the time. It was taken at such an odd angle that i didn't realise straight away what it was when i did realise i was mortified not because I'd never seen an erect penis but because i had made myself quite clear on how i felt and didn't think he was someone to do this! Plus the fact some child might have walked in and asked uncomfortable questions wacko.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users