#22 abissinia

abissinia

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

[quote name='Twang' date='Jan 17 2006, 03:10 PM' post='13020']
And on the flip side to my first question why are women never happy for there friends who are in long term relationships who are quite happy with there man why is she discarded or sidelined when it comes to a girls nights out?

That is definitely not true at all. I was in a very long term relationship from school in fact blink.gif and i never lost or stopped me from making new girl friends. It's all about knowing how to make friends time and your man time. If you chat constantly about my boyfriend this, my boyfriend that when you are with your girls, rightfully so no one would want to be anywhere near you. When we (a group of girls) link up all we want to do is open a bottle of wine, put on some tunes and talk rubbish like men do only that we made you all believe we talk about constructive things (well maybe that's me and my girls lol). But anyway yes as long as you separate your time and don't piss of people by blubbing about your wonderful sex life, and flower you received or try to make others read your romantic text message then there won't be no issue with the girls.

Why do women take so much pleasure in blanking a man for a dance?

Because it's fun biggrin.gif

When a mans on a promise and he misses the dead line why isn’t this carried over to the next day instead of next month?

I don't get the question unsure.gif

@Incognito whatever...
user posted image

#23 Incognito

Incognito

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:02 AM

@Gazelle

Other than white skin, not before I'm totally convinced they have something you haven't smile.gif

@Abs

okey dokey - take it from sizzla...

Kings of the Earth
come to yourself
you cannot chase every skirt true Jah bless you with your wealth
Woman of the soil,where is your meditation?
For the black child, the future generation...

Kings of the earth...

We need the womans strength in the Armageddon
Remember say woman are here more than man
Remember say they slaughtered nuff black woman, in their slavery in their revolution...

....Lift the empress them tall in their rightful position
Alpha and Omega civilization...

clap.gif

When asked to mention or pen the lyrics of their favourite songs, why are women severely lacking in the roots and culture department mad.gif smile.gif

Edited by Incognito, 18 January 2006 - 06:18 PM.

#24 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Incognito @ Jan 18 2006, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When asked to mention or pen the lyrics of their favourite songs, why are women severely lacking in the roots and culture department mad.gif smile.gif

Er lets not generalise please! Many of my sister friends are quite knowlegeable in they're roots and culture thanks

Jeeezzz what kind of women do you meet???!!!

They sound absolutley awful and completely unconnected to they're spirit. I feel quite sorry for you. sad.gif
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#25 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:33 PM

Why are so called independent women the first to lock off and go to ground the moment they think they have found the right man after years of convincing themselves they don’t need one?

Why do women always convince themselves that they need Mr kind, Mr thoughtful and Mr sensitive and when they get him they diss him in favour of Mr rugged?

#26 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Twang @ Aug 11 2006, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are so called independent women the first to lock off and go to ground the moment they think they have found the right man after years of convincing themselves they don’t need one?

By "lock off and go to ground" do you mean settle down and become home bodies? If so then i think that has largly to do with insecurity. Everybody wants somebody to love and to love them back no matter how much bleating they do so when these women find a (usually sub standard) guy then they will do what they feel they have to do to maintain the relationship. Insecurity attracts insecurity so that guy is going to be equally disfunctional and not want his woman running around being all "independent".

[Why do women always convince themselves that they need Mr kind, Mr thoughtful and Mr sensitive and when they get him they diss him in favour of Mr rugged?

Because alot of women (and men) don't know what they want so they fail to recognise a good man when they come across one and so will walk past Mr senstive in favour of Mr rugged because conditioning dictates that you go for the guy with the most outward going charisma. 9 times out of 10 thats Mr rugged, Mr 4 baby mothers, Mr living in ya moms house with no job!

Also sometimes Mr kind, thoughtful and sensitive become so frustrated with being sidelined that they come with the most ridiculous lyrics and attitude because they believe thats what it takes to get a woman having watched Mr rugged behaviour and they often believe as so many men (and women) do that you meet one girl you've met them all!
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#27 PantherWoman

PantherWoman

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:33 PM

Women who are convinced they don't need a man, have probably done so because they have found they get by quite well without one. Many single women would love to meet someone special, but while they are single they enjoy their status as a single person as much as they can. Don't forget there are pluses to being a single woman, as well as drawbacks. dry.gif Not having the feeling that you are inadequate and incomplete without a man, is not the same as saying there isn't something magical and wonderful about meeting a member of the opposite sex, connecting and falling in love. Most people find that process extremely exciting and exhilarating and would like to have a close, intimate relationship with one special person - that's normal. But I think it's quite important not to expect that you will contantly be in love with someone, and be in a relationship at all stages of your life, otherwise you may find you cannot cope during those times you may be between serious relationships. Everyone wants to be loved and fussed over by one special person, it's nice and there's no denying that, but you should still feel valuable and worth something even if you haven't got someone to pet you.

Just because a woman says she doesn't need a man to be happy, it doesn't mean she doesn't want one to bring something extra to her life. For many women, a good relationship is like the cherry on the cake - not the be all and end all. They see that it's entirely possible for a person to be happy without being in a serious relationship. If those same women then meet a man they see as 'right', of course it's natural they should want to spend time enjoying the company of that person. At the beginning of a relationship especially, couples tend to spend a lot of their spare time in private... 'getting to know each other'.
wink.gif

Why do women always convince themselves that they need Mr kind, Mr thoughtful and Mr sensitive and when they get him they diss him in favour of Mr rugged?

What makes two people right for each other is usually quite complex. Someone who is 'kind' is not automatically going to make a good match for you... just because they are kind. There are other factors which come together to make people compatible or not. Someone who may seem 'rugged' may have many other qualities besides 'ruggedness' that make them attractive to a particular person.

All women are individuals who like different things, so when you ask "why do women...?", it's important to remember that different women do different things for different reasons. Also, not all women like the same type of man, which is a good thing...otherwise some men would get no women at all. Some women don't like men with long hair, others do. Some like men with big muscles, others don't. Some like men who are loud and outgoing, others don't. There might be things about a person you like but other things you don't like, and it could be the things you don't like that make that person unsuitable for you- not the fact they are 'kind.' Sometimes there's nothing at all wrong with a person you reject; it's just plain ol' 'no chemistry' why it can't work.

I have met men who appear to be thoughtful, kind and sensitive but have very little to say for themselves, are boring or unintelligent, or timid. A man like that will easily be traded in for a man who may seem (to some people) to be pretty 'rugged', but who I can have a interesting, stimulating conversation with, someone fun to be around who is intelligent and has something to teach me. An onlooker (like yourself) may jump to the conclusion that this woman has 'dissed' a so-called 'good man', (someone who is thoughtful, kind and sensitive) in favour or someone who appears to be 'rugged' and presumably unsuitable because of that.

From my observations of life in general, there is often more to things than meets the eye

#28 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (PantherWoman @ Aug 13 2006, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Women who are convinced they don't need a man, have probably done so because they have found they get by quite well without one. Many single women would love to meet someone special, but while they are single they enjoy their status as a single person as much as they can. Don't forget there are pluses to being a single woman, as well as drawbacks.Not having the feeling that you are inadequate and incomplete without a man, is not the same as saying there isn't something magical and wonderful about meeting a member of the opposite sex, connecting and falling in love. Most people find that process extremely exciting and exhilarating and would like to have a close, intimate relationship with one special person - that's normal. But I think it's quite important not to expect that you will contantly be in love with someone, and be in a relationship at all stages of your life, otherwise you may find you cannot cope during those times you may be between serious relationships. Everyone wants to be loved and fussed over by one special person, it's nice and there's no denying that, but you should still feel valuable and worth something even if you haven't got someone to pet you.

I personally believe this is a stain on Western society and a deliberate ploy to off key the African family set up I’m not saying a woman should need to depend on a man but I’ve said it so many times and I’ll say it again why is it that the moment African families entered europe from the Continent and the Caribbean it saw the immediate decline in the African family set up? to the point of when we see a functioning familie’s together getting on with it, it’s almost like a big deal this used to be a normal thing. No doubt African women are given the breaks by timid blue foot boss’s who deem them as non threatening and hard working unlike the African male so the success of the African woman automatically leaves them to believe I’m doing fine all by myself.

Just because a woman says she doesn't need a man to be happy, it doesn't mean she doesn't want one to bring something extra to her life. For many women, a good relationship is like the cherry on the cake - not the be all and end all. They see that it's entirely possible for a person to be happy without being in a serious relationship. If those same women then meet a man they see as 'right', of course it's natural they should want to spend time enjoying the company of that person. At the beginning of a relationship especially, couples tend to spend a lot of their spare time in private... 'getting to know each other'.

Not needing a man to be happy is slightly different from not needing a man at all and these are the types I am referring to. I knew of one girl a good while back a friend of a friend who was so anti man it was ridiculous just to stoke up the fire all I had to say was women belong in the kitchen and the anti man tirade that would follow was atrocious my friend at the time new it was a wind up but this girl was extreme. When I asked her whatever happened to your mad anti man friend she said she found a man and she rarely hears from her she doesn’t come around anymore and is always doting on about her new man (who was a blue foot mind u) but to be fair using her as an example isn’t doing the cause real justice bcoz as much as I hate being judgmental her femininity wasn’t very pleasing to the eye it’s as if she almost resided her self to not getting a man and decided the best way to get around it was to imitate one sporting that rough dyke sort of image with the DM’s boots to match. But with that being said after a lot of big chat women do tend to go on the missing list when they think they got it made.

What makes two people right for each other is usually quite complex. Someone who is 'kind' is not automatically going to make a good match for you... just because they are kind. There are other factors which come together to make people compatible or not. Someone who may seem 'rugged' may have many other qualities besides 'ruggedness' that make them attractive to a particular person.

I know these can be personal qualities to each specific person but why does Mr rugged always fit a certain stereotype and why does he always seem to live up to it given the amount of single mother’s there are? Bcoz not all but the majority of wotless father’s do seem to fit Mr rugged’s description.

All women are individuals who like different things, so when you ask "why do women...?", it's important to remember that different women do different things for different reasons. Also, not all women like the same type of man, which is a good thing...otherwise some men would get no women at all. Some women don't like men with long hair, others do. Some like men with big muscles, others don't. Some like men who are loud and outgoing, others don't. There might be things about a person you like but other things you don't like, and it could be the things you don't like that make that person unsuitable for you- not the fact they are 'kind.' Sometimes there's nothing at all wrong with a person you reject; it's just plain ol' 'no chemistry' why it can't work.

Women are individuals I agree but something can’t be right somewhere if there are so many women choosing to be single or date other species I’m not saying being single doesn’t have it advantages but as u mentioned most women would like to be in a loving relationship eventually leading to a stable family set up so why do many so seemingly make the wrong choice?

I have met men who appear to be thoughtful, kind and sensitive but have very little to say for themselves, are boring or unintelligent, or timid. A man like that will easily be traded in for a man who may seem (to some people) to be pretty 'rugged', but who I can have a interesting, stimulating conversation with, someone fun to be around who is intelligent and has something to teach me. An onlooker (like yourself) may jump to the conclusion that this woman has 'dissed' a so-called 'good man', (someone who is thoughtful, kind and sensitive) in favour or someone who appears to be 'rugged' and presumably unsuitable because of that.

From my observations of life in general, there is often more to things than meets the eye

I suppose It depends on what kind of woman u are (In general) and what one considers to be interesting I mean u have these women that go for the DJ types who are left hovering around the set who get off by constantly hearing their named called out on the mic while hoping he’s going to officially acknowledge her by pulling her for a dance but decides to play it neutral bcoz there’s another 6 women who are there thinking just like her and doesn’t want to bait himself up. Also the types that are up to speed with the latest designer wear and are deemed as interesting only bcoz of who and what they know socially. It’s like those women that proclaim to switch bcoz every black man they’ve ever been out with as either dissed them or physically abused them but instead of questioning there consistent poor choice of man they have the audacity to question a whole race. Most guys that do come across as timid, boring and uninteresting is it bcoz there view of the world and the way they see things doesn’t necessarily concur with that of the woman like those things mentioned above? where certain women may deem it as essential knowledge but he may deem as complete rubbish which could be seen as having little to say and bcoz he doesn’t fit a certain stereotype is considered to be boring simply bcoz he has the women’s interest at heart and is trying not say the wrong thing?

Peace.

#29 PantherWoman

PantherWoman

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (Twang @ Aug 17 2006, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally believe this is a stain on Western society and a deliberate ploy to off key the African family set up I’m not saying a woman should need to depend on a man but I’ve said it so many times and I’ll say it again why is it that the moment African families entered europe from the Continent and the Caribbean it saw the immediate decline in the African family set up? to the point of when we see a functioning familie’s together getting on with it, it’s almost like a big deal this used to be a normal thing. No doubt African women are given the breaks by timid blue foot boss’s who deem them as non threatening and hard working unlike the African male so the success of the African woman automatically leaves them to believe I’m doing fine all by myself.
Not needing a man to be happy is slightly different from not needing a man at all and these are the types I am referring to. I knew of one girl a good while back a friend of a friend who was so anti man it was ridiculous just to stoke up the fire all I had to say was women belong in the kitchen and the anti man tirade that would follow was atrocious my friend at the time new it was a wind up but this girl was extreme. When I asked her whatever happened to your mad anti man friend she said she found a man and she rarely hears from her she doesn’t come around anymore and is always doting on about her new man (who was a blue foot mind u) but to be fair using her as an example isn’t doing the cause real justice bcoz as much as I hate being judgmental her femininity wasn’t very pleasing to the eye it’s as if she almost resided her self to not getting a man and decided the best way to get around it was to imitate one sporting that rough dyke sort of image with the DM’s boots to match. But with that being said after a lot of big chat women do tend to go on the missing list when they think they got it made.

I know these can be personal qualities to each specific person but why does Mr rugged always fit a certain stereotype and why does he always seem to live up to it given the amount of single mother’s there are? Bcoz not all but the majority of wotless father’s do seem to fit Mr rugged’s description.

Women are individuals I agree but something can’t be right somewhere if there are so many women choosing to be single or date other species I’m not saying being single doesn’t have it advantages but as u mentioned most women would like to be in a loving relationship eventually leading to a stable family set up so why do many so seemingly make the wrong choice?
I suppose It depends on what kind of woman u are (In general) and what one considers to be interesting I mean u have these women that go for the DJ types who are left hovering around the set who get off by constantly hearing their named called out on the mic while hoping he’s going to officially acknowledge her by pulling her for a dance but decides to play it neutral bcoz there’s another 6 women who are there thinking just like her and doesn’t want to bait himself up. Also the types that are up to speed with the latest designer wear and are deemed as interesting only bcoz of who and what they know socially. It’s like those women that proclaim to switch bcoz every black man they’ve ever been out with as either dissed them or physically abused them but instead of questioning there consistent poor choice of man they have the audacity to question a whole race. Most guys that do come across as timid, boring and uninteresting is it bcoz there view of the world and the way they see things doesn’t necessarily concur with that of the woman like those things mentioned above? where certain women may deem it as essential knowledge but he may deem as complete rubbish which could be seen as having little to say and bcoz he doesn’t fit a certain stereotype is considered to be boring simply bcoz he has the women’s interest at heart and is trying not say the wrong thing?
Peace.

rolleyes.gif

Twang, I just have to shake my head in disbelief at some of this...I'll have to get back to you when I have more time.

#30 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

Have you ever wondered how a woman's brain works? Well....it's finally explained here in one, easy-to-understand illustration:

http://mail01.mail.c...amp;partsno=1.2

Every one of those little blue balls is a thought about something that needs to be done, a decision or a problem that needs to be solved.

Edited by Oshun, 26 January 2007 - 03:50 PM.

#31 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Jan 26 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ever wondered how a woman's brain works? Well....it's finally explained here in one, easy-to-understand illustration:

Every one of those little blue balls is a thought about something that needs to be done, a decision or a problem that needs to be solved.

Eh? Mi naah get nuttin'. It just says Your mail.com session has expired....

#32 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

Hhhmm ok lets try again

#33 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Jan 26 2007, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same ting mi dear Ocean, same ting.....

#34 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Mogho Naaba @ Jan 26 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same ting mi dear Ocean, same ting.....

Oh well i guess it wasn't ment to be seen biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users