Does anyone know how to treat this?
I have had it for a long time.

#2 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:25 PM

I'm not a traditional healer but would advise you to seek one out as your psoriosis is most likely caused by internal as well as external factors.

You need to aim to treat the cause and not just the symptom. However, I can understand that psoriosis is very uncomfortable and you no doubt want to manage the condition whilst you are seeking the root cause of it.

I don't have a clue if this will work for you, but you should maybe try and treat it with Aloe Vera Gelly from this company. I have tried a number of Aloe products, especially since my daughter had horrific excema when she was a baby and this was the only brand that worked effectively. I use it for absolutely everything now (cuts, wounds, excema, rashes etc) and find that it works wonders.

It is very expensive but I would say that its worth it if you have suffered from this condition for a while and are still seeking to treat the symptom. You might want to consider getting some of the oral juices as well as they are a great detoxifier and help to wash out the nastiness we have in our systems!

Generally, I would advise you to stay away from the prescribed medicines from the "doctor". I myself am trying to get out of the habit of defering to their (lack of) knowledge to treat general ailments that can be treated through traditional means, particularly in relation to my children.
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#3 vintage

vintage

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1196 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Nigerian

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Voo @ Nov 8 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not a traditional healer but would advise you to seek one out as your psoriosis is most likely caused by internal as well as external factors.

You need to aim to treat the cause and not just the symptom. However, I can understand that psoriosis is very uncomfortable and you no doubt want to manage the condition whilst you are seeking the root cause of it.

I don't have a clue if this will work for you, but you should maybe try and treat it with Aloe Vera Gelly from this company. I have tried a number of Aloe products, especially since my daughter had horrific excema when she was a baby and this was the only brand that worked effectively. I use it for absolutely everything now (cuts, wounds, excema, rashes etc) and find that it works wonders.

It is very expensive but I would say that its worth it if you have suffered from this condition for a while and are still seeking to treat the symptom. You might want to consider getting some of the oral juices as well as they are a great detoxifier and help to wash out the nastiness we have in our systems!

Generally, I would advise you to stay away from the prescribed medicines from the "doctor". I myself am trying to get out of the habit of defering to their (lack of) knowledge to treat general ailments that can be treated through traditional means, particularly in relation to my children.

I have had it for over 10 years. It was worse before. I had previously used prescribed medicines.

They gave me Diprosilic in the past ( I am sure I spelt it wrong).

Lately I have been using Diprobase. It works only to an extent.

Once I get some cash Ill look into it

Thanks

#4 Miss Delgardo

Miss Delgardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:34 PM

Chinese herbal shops, expensive but good, would recommend it to others if the conventional medicines do not work.

#5 spirit

spirit

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ugandan/Indian

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

Greetings Vintage

My advice (as a fellow sufferer) is to steer clear of 'conventional' medicines due to harmful side effects. I suffer quite badly with it and as far as I know, attacks are triggered by stress, although I reckon that the underlying cause is more complicated. I had a consultation with Dr Laila Afrika and he recommended blood purifing herbs such as burdock and an alkaline diet to reduce my bodies acidity. Dermazinc and itch stopper (google search) were also recommended and have helped the itching and the healing process. For me and those whose conditions is brought about by stress however, I recommend a good breathing/reaxation technique to reduce stress which is often unaviodable in this god forsaken place!

Dermazinc is not avialable in the UK. If you have trouble getting hold of it let me now and I'll try to hook you up with a sample...

Edited by spirit, 12 November 2007 - 02:42 PM.

'I HAVE ADVOCATED AND I STILL ADVOCATE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE'
SISTER ASSATA SHAKUR

#6 Timeline

Timeline

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    unsure

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:26 AM

My psoriosis seems to be related to stress. It only appears on my elbows. It completely disapears when I leave the stressful situation or complete the worrisome task that triggers it. The only thing topical creams and lotions do is reduce the itching temporarily.

#7 spirit

spirit

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ugandan/Indian

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Timeline @ Nov 13 2007, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My psoriosis seems to be related to stress. It only appears on my elbows. It completely disapears when I leave the stressful situation or complete the worrisome task that triggers it. The only thing topical creams and lotions do is reduce the itching temporarily.

I spose there must be some sort of underlying problem that makes us susceptible to it. Stress affects different people in different ways.

You're right about topical creams being ineffective although I was told that products containing Zinc were particularly useful for healing the skin...
'I HAVE ADVOCATED AND I STILL ADVOCATE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE'
SISTER ASSATA SHAKUR

#8 Timeline

Timeline

Loyal Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    unsure

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (spirit @ Nov 14 2007, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spose there must be some sort of underlying problem that makes us susceptible to it. Stress affects different people in different ways.

You're right about topical creams being ineffective although I was told that products containing Zinc were particularly useful for healing the skin...

They say the immune system is involved. I'm just amazed by the psychosomatic connection and how as soon as I leave the stressful, uncomfortable situation, the raised, irritated skin disappears. I've had outbreaks, occasionally, sometimes going up to a year without any problems, for about 8 years now. Unfortunately, noone can avoid stress or less than ideal situations, so I guess I'm out of luck in that respect. Oh yeah, and lack sleep also triggers outbreaks for me, but I guess that is related to stress as well (stress of the actual body rather than psychological stress.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users