• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:13 PM

I don't eat nothing from pig, but I love my meat, steak, chicken and the occasional fish! I love my veg too, though! smile.gif
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#22 spirit

spirit

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ugandan/Indian

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (The Freelance Scientist @ Jan 24 2007, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't eat nothing from pig, but I love my meat, steak, chicken and the occasional fish! I love my veg too, though! smile.gif

I hope one day to become a vegan and only eat raw foods. My sister works at a number of markets selling raw food dishes. People tend to think that raw food or vegan diets are boring but after tasting the food that she prepares and sells, they change their minds! I can't even begin to you how good it tastes and the thing is that it is extremely healthy. After a few months on a raw food diet, a couple of people I know have lost excess weight, long term ailments have improved or gone away completely and they have felt so much better within themselves physically, spiritually and psychologically.

Like you I don't eat hog, but then as an ex-old testament observing christian, I stopped eating all the 'unclean' beasts that I used to eat such as prawns. I was brought up a vegetarian but as soon as I was free of my parents I ate meat like it was no ones business! Now, I eat mainly chicken and fish, but feel for a bit of red meat from time to time. My sister who does not eat any meat says that eating red meat makes people angry, violent and do off key things. I think it's to do with the transfer of negative 'energy' in some way, though I must admit, I'm not sure exactly how she comes to that conclusion. My family and I however try to eat well and don't eat from road, unless it's a good Caribbean restaraunt (though I'm sure that when I am not around they buy Macdonalds or one of those cheap fry chicken places!) and are trying to cut out meat altogether.

rolleyes.gif

Do you think you could give up the meat? unsure.gif

QUOTE (lox @ Sep 30 2006, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We know that empowerment starts with ourselves and how we treat our minds and our bodies. I have decided to make the transition into veganism. I currently eat fish, and dairy, but no poultry or red meat and not to mention my sweet tooth.

Are there others out there like me looking to make the change to veganism and to the people who have already taken this path, what differences have you noticed to your health and your general wellbeing. I'd also be interested in any recipies.
click. stickman from dead prez on veganism

I will get some recipies for raw food dishes from my sister who prepares them and as I will be away, I will post them in a couple of weeks if ur still interested.... clap.gif
'I HAVE ADVOCATED AND I STILL ADVOCATE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE'
SISTER ASSATA SHAKUR

#23 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:40 PM

Watch this film.
I warn you its strong and very painful in places and i've posted it here so that people know the truth about the process they're food goes through this was what i ment when i wrote this:
For many people its a spiritual thing not wanting to eat the flesh of another living animal because ultimately all creatures carry they're own vibrational energy and many believe that the fear and pain of being killed is tranferred to the meat and carries that negative energy with it so when its eaten that negativity is consumed.

Its not just about food its also about the way animals are treated for clothing, experimentation and entertainment, we need to know these things we can't pretend it dosent affect us, this is not just our planet and many people have NO respect. If we're going to be "concious" we can't just be so about one aspect of our existence we have to be concious of everything!

http://video.google....3AMOVIE_FEATURE
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#24 black aviator

black aviator

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Reading Factual info. sailing.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamrock

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Feb 4 2007, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch this film.
I warn you its strong and very painful in places and i've posted it here so that people know the truth about the process they're food goes through this was what i ment when i wrote this:
Its not just about food its also about the way animals are treated for clothing, experimentation and entertainment, we need to know these things we can't pretend it dosent affect us, this is not just our planet and many people have NO respect. If we're going to be "concious" we can't just be so about one aspect of our existence we have to be concious of everything!

http://video.google....3AMOVIE_FEATURE

^^^ been shaking my head for ages.
how sad :-( sad.gif

#25 bopsienot

bopsienot

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    NIGERIAN of COURSE

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (black aviator @ Feb 10 2007, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^ been shaking my head for ages.
how sad :-( sad.gif

I don't tuch any meet....poor animals....Afrikan holistic health changed my way of eating...eww

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users