Female Empowerment
    African Literature, Film and Arts
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

The racist stop and search abuse of African people is one of the biggest human right abuse issues in Britain. If our Ancestors, Malcolm X, Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe and Martin Luther King were alive today they would have organised mass boycotts, community education programs and a Panther self defense movement.

• Our DNA theft is the equivalent of the repugnant Soweto pass book laws.
  • Our detainment under Section 44 and section 60 is the return of racist sus legislation.
So the question I ask is - Do you, our young people feel protected by us elders, if not what would you like us to do and what are you prepared to do to protect yourself? :ph34r:

#2 Positive

Positive

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Caribbean

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

When being attacked, ideally I would like myself and others to be equipped with the necessaary knowledge, skills, tools and wisdom needed to defend efficiently and with the outcome in mine/others favour. When going through a battle it helps to have support and I agree that the community has to come together to plan, educate, organise, share, train, motivate,empower and take action. If one is not protected all are not, we have to look to the past and learn/study what we did right and wrong so that our present and future will be better. In order to protect myself I have to be alert,strong-physically/spiritually and mentally,assertive,confident,knowledgeable, have self belief/worth,know my ancesters are guiding/watching over me and know that good overcomes evil. It would also help if there were "family" who I and others could turn to and who would assist in the fight when and if need be.

#3 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1532 posts
  • Interests:Pan Africanism & Human Rights
    Female Empowerment
    African Literature, Film and Arts
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

Give thanks for this response.

We are working on providing a stop and search help line where anyone from our community can call for advise although this is likely to happen after the event and not during it. We still need more volunteers, some to help distribute flyers, others in particular, to assist with the day to day management and others to act as a floating pool for a potential rapid response team.

In the meanwhile we have put some of the facts we should all know online at;
http://www.ligali.or...opandsearch.php

#4 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3852 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

Let us all know when he steps forward to volunteer: 'Black' police 'boss' calls for more "stop and search

#5 Black Lion

Black Lion

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Caribbean

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

Attempts to stop recording racial details of stop and search...

http://www.guardian....ecord-race-stop

Edited by Black Lion, 30 September 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#6 Black Lion

Black Lion

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Caribbean

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

Perhaps a way of taking note of "well known" police officers in certain areas, like taking African peoples complaints and filing them with the necessary people demanding a response for aggressive behavior toward civilians? AS a young man its difficult but I would like to video people while they're being searched, I tend to stick around and watch in case anything goes down but they can become aggressive and turn on you for it if you're not careful... was a young brother they were after a few weeks back, looked toward me for help as he was literally surrounded by them with others running to the scene as though he had plans to blow up a car and use the distraction to massacre people elsewhere or something but all I could do was keep away and watch from a distance or they'd have implicated me as well... would be good to host video footage of incidents some place.... although to be honest we **can't** compare what the africans in america and others elsewhere go through...

#7 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3852 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

The racist stop and search abuse of African people is one of the biggest human right abuse issues in Britain. If our Ancestors, Malcolm X, Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe and Martin Luther King were alive today they would have organised mass boycotts, community education programs and a Panther self defense movement ...

Barely reported or discussed (if at all) in the African community media ...

"The police use of “random” stop-and-search powers to tackle knife and gun crime must seem a “justifiable price” to pay for greater public security, the High Court said today.

Two judges rejected accusations that the Metropolitan Police had used the powers unlawfully in the case of a 38-year-old woman bus passenger who had insufficient funds on her Oyster to pay her fare and then acted suspiciously ...

Judges reject Ann Juliette Roberts' stop-and-search claim, The Independent, 17 July 2012 (click for full report)

#8 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3852 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

... from Russia Today (!), 11 January 2012:

Stop, Search & Humiliate: UK cops accused of random racism

#9 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3852 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

Stop and Search Abuse ...

Hopefully, this is not off topic:

"New York City's police department violated the civil rights of thousands through its stop and frisk policy, a US judge has ruled.

Judge Shira Scheindlin said police chiefs "turned a blind eye" to evidence that officers had discriminated by race when making the stops ..."

New York 'stop and frisk' policy ruled discriminatory  (click for more)

10 Things You Should Know About This Week's Stop and Frisk Decision (click for more)

#10 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3852 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

The racist stop and search abuse of African people is one of the biggest human right abuse issues in Britain. If our Ancestors, Malcolm X, Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe and Martin Luther King were alive today they would have organised mass boycotts, community education programs and a Panther self defense movement.

So the question I ask is - Do you, our young people feel protected by us elders, if not what would you like us to do and what are you prepared to do to protect yourself? :ph34r:

While Africans slumber ...

Stop and search project aims to educate teenagers about their rights (click for more)

Further information:  Stop and Search Legal Project (click for more)

or

Email:  stopandsearchlp@gmail.com

_63449233_63449231.jpg

Ada Vidal: Thank The Creator for this African

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users