Female Empowerment
    African Literature, Film and Arts
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Well Its the first day after the £27 million opening 'ceremony' where the Bond and Bean video clips were more entertaining than the live performances, the industrial revolution was promoted without reference to its financing (African enslavement), the finale was sung by a man who appeared in serious need of throat louzenges (McCartney) and the British monarch looked so bored I thought she was about to use a blackberry to go on feistybook and give it a thumbs down.

Anyhow she needn't of bothered, a member of her racist government has already responded;

Olympics opening ceremony was 'multicultural crap', Tory MP tweets

Posted Image
http://www.guardian....al-crap-tory-mp

Tories, any opportunity to sneak in a dig...

#2 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1532 posts
  • Interests:Pan Africanism & Human Rights
    Female Empowerment
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Greek Olympian Papachristou expelled for 'racist tweet'

Posted Image
Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou has been expelled from her country's Olympic team over comments she posted on Twitter which were deemed racist.
Papachristou was due to compete in the London 2012 Games, which officially start this Friday.
But the Hellenic Olympic Committee said her posts mocking African immigrants and expressing support for a far-right party went against the Olympic spirit.

Full Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-18987678

"Voula Papachristou said she had not intended to offend anyone" - I think that meant to read 'anyone who was not African'.

#3 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

Metropolitan Police Lose Keys To Wembley Stadium (click for more)

Posted Image

You Won't Find The Keys Down There Love !!!

#4 Diasporan Dawta

Diasporan Dawta

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Our people, critical thinking, creativity, the connection between the past, the present and the future... reading, social enterprise

• Cultural Heritage:
    X

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

You know something else that I noticed was being promoted during the openings? Western "intervention" in Syria.

Will try to find a link for it later.

#5 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image

Baron Sebastian Newbold Coe KBE (descendant of 'owner' of enslaved Africans), chairman, London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, 29 July 2012: "The venues are stuffed to the gunwales".

#6 Black Lion

Black Lion

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Caribbean

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

Note that the olympics the right to hold it was won by the 'City of London' a co-oporation not by the UK or the people who pay for it... so a few companies run it and the national pride and excitement has been bought up by the usual.

#7 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

Lithuanian basketball fan gives African stewards Nazi salute at the Basketball Arena in the Olympic Park I

Posted Image

Lithuanian basketball fan gives African stewards Nazi salute at the Basketball Arena in the Olympic Park II

"The sight was also witnessed by two policemen at a game on Sunday night, but astonishingly they appeared to do nothing about it.

The moment was caught on camera by an English couple who noticed the ‘sickening’ gesture on the other side of the Basketball Arena in the Olympic Park.

While the police insist they are investigating, anti-racism charities have reacted angrily because they believe officers should have acted quicker and removed the fan from the venue ...

Despite the presence of two policemen yards below, the man was allowed to continue to make the gesture until the stewards walked away and down out of the nearest gangway, followed shortly after by the policemen ..."

(Source: Daily Mail, 30 July 2012)

#8 Black National Party BNP

Black National Party BNP

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:The neutralisation of the power of White Supremacy.
    PLEASE CALL

RACIAL JUSTICE HOTLINE

07747 363 124

ALL CALLERS MUST STATE THEIR FULL NAME AND GIVE THEIR RACE AND ETHNICITY CODES.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Black european IC3. B9. BEUR.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

"Voula Papachristou said she had not intended to offend anyone" - I think that meant to read 'anyone who was not African'.

Looks like she has been trying to bleach her way into the IC1 Racial category and forgot to bleach her eyebrows.

Greece is suffering from the same problem in financial terms.

Posted Image

WHITE europeAN (IC1)

v

DARK europeAN (IC2)

Posted Image

"Those lazy, dark eyed, dark haired Melanochroi need to be strictly managed for the greater good of the White Race."

Say the White Supremacist Racists

Edited by Black National Party BNP, 31 July 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#9 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Wednesday 1 August 2012: 7.40 p.m.: While "Great" Britain celebrate Gold medals for cycling ...

Posted Image

... a 28-year-old man is knocked down while riding his bicycle and killed by the doubledecker bus ferrying propagandists ("journalists") to and from the Olympic Park in Ruckholt Road, at the junction with the A12. He was pronounced dead at the scene by an air ambulance doctor. A London 2012 spokesman said: "We can confirm that a cyclist tragically died as a result of a collision with a bus carrying media from the Olympic Park this evening. "The police are investigating the accident and our thoughts are with the cyclist's family."

#10 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

36-year-old Lithuanian accountant, Petras Lescinskas, the white supremacist who gave a Nazi salute to African stewards during the Lithuania-Nigeria basketball match, has now been arrested, convicted and fined £2,500 ... (click for more)

Posted Image

"... He pleaded guilty to a racially aggravated offence under the Public Order Act. He said, through his lawyer, that he was "deeply embarrassed" and "deeply remorseful" about what he had done ..."

#11 Black National Party BNP

Black National Party BNP

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:The neutralisation of the power of White Supremacy.
    PLEASE CALL

RACIAL JUSTICE HOTLINE

07747 363 124

ALL CALLERS MUST STATE THEIR FULL NAME AND GIVE THEIR RACE AND ETHNICITY CODES.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Black european IC3. B9. BEUR.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

36-year-old Lithuanian accountant, Petras Lescinskas, the white supremacist who gave a Nazi salute to African stewards during the Lithuania-Nigeria basketball match, has now been arrested, convicted and fined £2,500 ... (click for more)

Posted Image

"... He pleaded guilty to a racially aggravated offence under the Public Order Act. He said, through his lawyer, that he was "deeply embarrassed" and "deeply remorseful" about what he had done ..."

Lithuanians are classified as White IC1 in the New european Racial Partition so the £2500 fine is actually a White investment. Don't forget Petras Lescinskas is a White accountant.

Incidently where do the super rich Nigerians bank "their" money?

Is it OK if you are classified as Black?

Posted Image

http://www.ligali.or...?showtopic=5075

Edited by Black National Party BNP, 02 August 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#12 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1532 posts
    Female Empowerment
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Some of the sports I have been watching have been excellent.

There was the Brazilian team that introduced me to a sport named handball. The tension as they pulled of a win against montenegro in the last remaining minutes was electric.

Posted Image

I hear they demolished Team GB yesterday, Im so upset i missed the game as their main strikers have serious skills.

I saw the William sisters win a match with some excellent doubles playing. It was weird becuase for most of the gam it was Venus doing all the work, but when Serena came in it was like pow! She made her mark. A great game.
Posted Image

I didn't watch the rowing but have read of how Sizwe Ndlovu won a gold for Azania.

Posted Image

The young sister,Gabrielle Douglas who won the gymnastics almost brought a tear to my eyes (like she did to her friends and family). She definitely deserved gold. The look on the Russian girls faces as they were beaten to gold by an African was priceless. Their discontent with winning, for silver and bronze are still a great achievement was just bad mindedness.

Posted Image

Likewise those stupid Africans in the US who are taking a pop at our sista for having her hair in a natural style despite her taking gold medals. Thankfully they are a minority.
http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml
http://newsone.com/2...s-twitter-hair/
http://www.npr.org/b...p-over-her-hair

The best of the rest...
Well the judo and gymnastics have been superb. I didn't think I'd get so into it but once you start watching you have to respect the talent.

The women's fencing was ok, I think i kind of expected less tactical play and more musketeers!

The badminton fiasco was hilarious. Nuff said.

The British girl who won the cycling medal was superb, that final spurt of energy she put in at the last stretch was breathtaking. She also set a better example in graciousnesses than the mens team who messed up earlier and started attacking journalists for asking questions and criticising their competitors for trying to win.

Today i was saddened when the African representing France in Judu was beaten in a sudden death scenario by the British contender.

I was disappointed in the table tennis, it was much more boring than i thought it would be. Likewise I just dont see the fuss of beach volley ball.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. Even though Im so busy at work its good taking a few minutes out to watch these things live.

Oh yeah, the stupid horse jumping thing. Now how is that a sport. Posh twits kicking thier heels into a tired horse, make that bukaroo and then we'll be talking.

The swimming was alright, its strange because I love swimming, especially in the ocean, but for some reason Im just not getting that excited about it.

All this and we aint even got to athletics... :biggrin:

#13 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1532 posts
    Female Empowerment
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

The Pan African Olympic Team

What a great start to the day. The 100m trials were off the hook. Gay totally deserved his win with his breathtaking performance.

Posted Image

In fact although Usain won his qualifier it felt as though he was chilling. I expected some more sparks, I hope tomorrow he knows that hes got to pull out the stops.

Posted Image

My girl Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce did us proud in the womens 100m too, pulling out everything to secure her win despite a bad start.

Posted Image

Did anyone see Serena thrash the Russian. OMG. I don’t know who those people are that say women’s tennis is boring and deserving of less prize money but they need to be quiet. She totally dominated that match, precision, confidence and pure dedication to the task of winning that gold. Sharapova didn’t have a chance. :biggrin:

Posted Image

Strangely enough though the doubles with her sister Venus was a more thrilling match, there were moments when it looked as though they could lose and i suppose that added a tension lacking from the previous game.

The other stuff

I hate to admit it but the British team is fully deserving of those medals. It started with some superb rowing by the female British team, I’m not really into these kind of water sports but you got to respect that level of determination and performance.

Ennis was excellent and watching that Rutherford in the long jump was amazing. He wanted it, he was more hungry for it, and although i felt it for the brother from the states, the brit had the edge.

Posted Image

“Mo Farrah took on the Africans and taught them a lesson”

Let me just say that Mo’s closing performance was outstanding, I really like the guys humble vibe, I did want Ethiopia or Kenya to win but have to give him props. The comment made above by the commentators really annoyed me though.
Posted Image

I guess were not going to be able to move for the media going on about "Team GB".

#14 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

"The concept was sold as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for small business operators in Leyton, East London: The tent-like food shops, which cost as much as £27,000 to rent, would attract thousands of persons attending the Olympic Games — as many as up to 80,000 per day.
But that dream has turned into a nightmare for the business operators, who are now forced to dump thousands of pounds of rotting food daily ..."

'We were robbed' - Olympic dream turns nightmare ... for Leyton small businesses (click for more)

Posted Image

Antonette and Kevin Burke show a copy of the contract which they signed to secure the wayside shops

#15 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1532 posts
    Female Empowerment
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

I woke up to my daughter watching the women’s marathon, normally i wouldn’t have bothered but what a mistake, the endurance, stamina and skill is amazing to watch. There was this brilliant moment when there were six sistas dominating the whole crowd with Mary Keitany looking to dominate but it wasn’t to be. Sadly that lead went down to three but the ending was still spectacular.

Posted Image

Through rain and hailstones at one point Tiki Gelana from Ethiopia endured to deservedly take the gold and although I wanted Kenya to have a chance to taste Gold. Thankfully they came second whilst the Russian girl who came from nowhere took bronze.

Then onto womens double with Serena and Venus. Dyamn... those sistas know how to play great tennis. I think i like it best when they are forced to play hard, the Czech did good in gaining wins but were ultimately taken down by the superior skill of our sistas.

Posted Image

That felt even better because only a few moments before i had to endure the closing matches where Angola were defeated by the Czech in basketball. We should have won those matches but in all honesty despite our passionate play, we did not know how to close and wasted soooo many opportunities.

Posted Image

The other stuff

Murray did good. I had watched the Wimbledon final a few weeks back where Federer crushed him and although I had no intention of watching murray get slaughtered again, he owned the court today and I could not pull my eyes away from the screen – he well deserved his win.

This doesn’t quite make me a Team GB supporter but I give full props to anyone that shows humility with great strength and determination against difficult odds.

I also saw some Korean man pull off some amazing shooting to take gold.

I didn’t see all of the female boxing, not really my sport but the little i did of Natasha Jonas seems to suggest she deserved her win, I will try and catch her next match on monday. Good luck sis.

Posted Image

Old man rant: What’s with the horse events? How does watching rich people prance about on horses become an Olympic sport? Im also not feeling Olympic football or volleyball despite becoming interested in this handball lark.

Athletics tonight. Arise you mighty Africans ...

:popcorn:

#16 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

"Man held after 100m bottle incident

6 August 2012

A man remained in custody on Monday after a bottle was thrown on to the track at the start of the men's 100m final at the Olympic Stadium.

A police spokesman said a man had been heard shouting abuse and was then seen throwing a bottle immediately before the race, which was won by Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt. The suspect is being held in custody at an east London police
station on suspicion of causing a public nuisance.

Speaking after the race, US sprinter Justin Gatlin, who won bronze, said: "It was a little distraction and I didn't know what it was. But when you're in those blocks and the whole stadium's quiet you can hear a pin drop."

Bolt told reporters he had been unaware of the incident, adding: "No, I keep hearing that. I don't know who would have done that."

Fellow Jamaican sprinter Yohan Blake said: "I was so focused I didn't see anything. I was so focused on just running to the line."

Edith Bosch, Holland's world judo champion, claimed on Twitter that she had "beaten" the person who had thrown the bottle. She said: "A drunken spectator threw a bottle onto the track! I HAVE BEATEN HIM... unbelievable."

Nobody was injured during the incident and the event was not disrupted, police said.

Gatlin said the incident had not affected the race: "You just have to block it out and go out there and do what you got to do. You can't complain about that, the race went on and it was a great race."

A Locog spokesman said: "A man was arrested inside the Olympic Stadium last night after throwing a plastic bottle on to the track just before the men's 100m final. The incident had no impact on the competitors or the event. Locog does not tolerate abusive or anti-social behaviour and will seek to remove people behaving in this way from its venues."

Locog was unable to say which section of the stands the bottle was thrown from, but the man appeared to be sitting near members of the Dutch Olympic team behind the 100m start line.

Copyright © 2012 The Press Association. All rights reserved."

Posted Image

The bottle, in the red ring, was thrown at the African atheletes on the track

Posted Image

A white supremacist is detained by security shortly after a bottle was thrown on to the track before the 100m final

Posted Image

The white supremacist is removed by security shortly after the bottle was thrown on to the track before the 100m final

Edited by MarcusGarveyLives, 06 August 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#17 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

Bolt celebrates (100m Gold) at 3am with "beauties" in the Olympic Village as Jamaica goes mad for their 100m hero

Source: Bolt celebrates at 3am with beauties in the Olympic Village as Jamaica goes mad for their 100m hero (click for more)

#18 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

Moments before the men's 100m final got underway, a european man appeared to shout 'Oi, you aren't going to win' to Usain Bolt while giving some form of salute.

Posted Image

34-year-old father of two, Ashely Gill-Webb (also known as Ashley Gill), a "vending machine operative" of Cornmill Court, South Millford, near Leeds, appeared in custody at Stratford magistrates' court this afternoon where he denied the single charge against him of intentionally causing harassment, alarm or distress under section 5 of the Public Order Act.

Gill-Webb wore a white top to court with the phrase 'Veni, Vidi, Vino' on it and was released on conditional bail and will appear at Thames Magistrates' Court on 3 September 2012. Gill-Webb was identified by people in his home village of South Milford, near Leeds, as the man being bundled out of the arena by security staff. Gill-Webb, who is also a member of a local football team in South Milford, was arrested after the incident last night at the Olympic Stadium.

'Sources' in South Milford have said that he works as a vending machine repairman and police were seen at his house earlier today. Neighbours said that he has two children of primary school age and one man, who did not wish to be named, said he had previously trained to be a teacher. The man pictured being taken away by Olympics officials was wearing a blue top jacket with the name of a pub in his village called 'Queen O'Towd thatch' written on the back. A woman who answered the phone at the pub said that it was worn by members of the village's football club which they sponsor.

#19 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1532 posts
    Female Empowerment
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Sunday
Kirani did Grenada proud in the 400m qualifier. Too much focus on Oscar Pis though.

Posted Image

Bolt and Yohan smashed it as i knew they would but I thought Gay would take bronze instead of Gatlin. Not really feeling Gatlins vibe to be honest.

Posted Image

I did see more but to be honest I’ve forgotten in the 100m storm.

Monday
Nigeria lost to France in basketball, the first time i have seem naija play as a team.
They fought back brilliantly from being behind in the third quarter with some brilliant 3 pointers but it was not to be. Great game though made wanna dig out NBA Jam.

Posted Image

Odumosu did a great job qualifying for Nigeria in the women’s 400m hurdles.

Posted Image

Sanchez pulled of astonishing feat in the last legs of the mens 400m hurdles for Dominica Republic.

Just finished watching Kirani dominate in the 400m finals with a superb performance. The brotha has a great future ahead of him.

Am feeling it for Silva, the Cuban pole vaulter, loved her vibe, wanted her to beat the US. She got a silver.

Posted Image

Oh and i forgot about Christine Ohuruogu coming second yesterday, she did great to tap into her reserves and pull a medal, pity she wasn’t able to successfully defend her title but she did herself proud. Losing to the excellent Richard-Ross is no shame.

Posted Image

The other stuff

How did I miss the women’s 100m? There was no announcement or anything, did Jamaica take this too? I was so gutted to find out it had already happened.

We need to write our own national anthems, watching Bolt and Blake take their medals to that noise was a bit of an anticlimax.

More twitter stupidity, this time about Serena dropping some moves.
http://msn.foxsports...harapova-080612

Makes me wish some of our athletes would sport an afro, raise the power fist and really give theses fools something to write about.

I can’t get with the banal questioning of athletes who have just lost, one sista really didn’t want to talk, another brotha looked as though he wanted to hit the commentator.

Talking about commentators I cant take Michael Johnson drivel on soooo many levels.

BTW - I‘ve never watched so much TV in my life, I'm gonna have to switch off as its impacting upon my work! Not sure I can keep this thread going. Thanks MGL for adding the other alternative stories. :smile:

#20 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

The Pan African Olympic Team ...

... Am feeling it for Silva, the Cuban pole vaulter, loved her vibe, wanted her to beat the US. She got a silver.

... BTW - I‘ve never watched so much TV in my life, I'm gonna have to switch off as its impacting upon my work! Not sure I can keep this thread going ... :smile:

I am sure a lot of African men fully understand the tremendous pain this is all causing you ...

Posted Image

Sister Yarisley Silva, world class pole vaulter from Cuba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users