• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Zimbabwean

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

Greetings Family

I have one question to ask. I was just browsing through Brother Toyins thread about Ian Blair where he mentioned some Asian Oficers who are part of the organisation of Black Police Officers.

My question is this.

How is it that they are members of this federation when my own personal experience is that they are probably more racist towards black people than white people are ? I doubt that many on here will dispute this fact. I am not defending the white racism that is still quite strong in this country but I do not think it is right for them to be members unless maybe the organisation had a different name, like minority police officers of something

It is they who are in the media for whining - In some cases with reason-and in some cases without. And I find it annoying for them to associate themselves with the black mans cause when we know full well that they have never thought much of us

Black people have it hard enough as it is and I am confident that I am not stereotyping here although some are nice enough. When I say some I refer to a very very miniscule minority

Edited by Afritude, 04 October 2008 - 01:08 PM.

#2 huzzah

huzzah

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:40 PM

I think at the time the BPO was formed, anyone that wasn't White was considered Black (Ethnic Minority).

#3 Judge dredd

Judge dredd

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    I am a Nigerian of Ibo heritage

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:24 PM

I say, why don't these extremely foul, racist, cowardly,lazy hypocrites set up their own organisations. And let them do their own dirty work.

They are not our problem, so why don't they get lost.

#4 KeepFlame

KeepFlame

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents Jamaican Born

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Afritude @ Oct 4 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is it that they are members of this federation when my own personal experience is that they are probably more racist towards black people than white people are? I doubt that many on here will dispute this fact.

The bodies that are responsible for funding the federation and allowed it to be brought into being determined that black would represent non-white. In terms of funding a substantial amount was provided by the Home Office and the Police Federation allowed the National Black Police Officers Association to come into being.

Black police group funding frozen

The White Supremacist are the designers of Racism. Hatred or dislike between non-white people are in the White Supremacist interest that's why they employ strategies to produce these results. The Aparthied system in South Africa is a good example and the way so-called races are classified in the United Kingdom is another.

I am not defending the white racism that is still quite strong in this country but I do not think it is right for them to be members unless maybe the organisation had a different name, like minority police officers of something

So called Black and asian people suffer racism under the hand of the White Supremacist in the police force:

Group warns minorities against joining force

A former so-called black president of the National Black Police Officers Association appeared to be a hostage to the ideology of White Supremacy judging by the following report:

Call to increase stop and search

Edited by KeepFlame, 04 October 2008 - 11:26 PM.

#5 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3798 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

... My question is this.

How is it that they are members of this federation when my own personal experience is that they are probably more racist towards black people than white people are ? ...

Why don't you ask them?

#6 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

I think we're missing the point forget the make up of this toothless federation the real questions are:

What is their sole purpose?

What have they achieved?

Why did it take the Asian contingent to expose the white supremacy within the ranks, when’s it Africans that have suffered at their hands for more than 3 decades in and outside the force?

#7 Afritude

Afritude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Zimbabwean

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (MarcusGarveyLives @ Oct 4 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't you ask them?

I would if you could supply me with the details that would allow me to do so.

I still feel that it is fundamentally wrong. Why should we, as Africans sup with those who do not love us ?

If I were a police officer myself, I would not join a group purporting to represent my interest and be led by someone who is not black.

Its a bit like asking David Duke to become leader of the NCAAP

#8 KeepFlame

KeepFlame

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents Jamaican Born

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

According to the National Black Police Association website the term 'black' doesn't refer to skin colour.

Here is the full definition of the term 'black':

"The definition of "Black" does not refer to skin colour.

The emphasis is on the common experience and determination of the people of African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin to oppose the effects of racism. Everyone within policing is eligible to join the NBPA (There is no barrier to membership)."

National Black Police Association Website

Edited by KeepFlame, 05 October 2008 - 07:49 PM.

#9 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3798 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

... My question is this.
How is it that they are members of this federation when my own personal experience is that they are probably more racist towards black people than white people are ? ...

QUOTE (MarcusGarveyLives @ Oct 4 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't you ask them?

QUOTE (Afritude @ Oct 5 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would if you could supply me with the details that would allow me to do so.

I see that the details of The National 'Black' Police Association have already been posted above as you are unable to look them up for yourself so that you can raise your concerns about them with them rather than with Ligalites.

The details of the Metropolitan 'Black' Police Association are set out below, so that you can also raise your concerns about them, with them, in case there is some reason why you cannot look this up for yourself:

Metropolitan 'Black' Police Association
The Piazza
Empress State Building
Empress Approach
Lillie Road
London SW6 1TR

Telephone: 020 7161 0941 / 0942
Fax: 020 7161 0115
Email info@metbpa.com

Do let us all know the outcome of your enquiries.

Metropolitan Black Police Association Urge Boycott of Metropolitan Police Force

#10 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1530 posts
  • Interests:Pan Africanism & Human Rights
    Female Empowerment
    African Literature, Film and Arts
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:06 AM

How is it that they are members of this federation when my own personal experience is that they are probably more racist towards black people than white people are ?

There is no doubt in my mind that Asian police officers face discrimination within the police force but it should be obvious to all that African officers have face a distinct and persistent brand of racism that long existed before the existence of the “muslim terrorist” threat.

The bodies that are responsible for funding the federation and allowed it to be brought into being determined that black would represent non-white. In terms of funding a substantial amount was provided by the Home Office and the Police Federation allowed the National Black Police Officers Association to come into being.

The emphasis is on the common experience and determination of the people of African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin to oppose the effects of racism. Everyone within policing is eligible to join the NBPA (There is no barrier to membership)."

These two statements/revelations by Keepflame are key to understanding the impotence of the organisation/association;

It’s economic foundation and therefore political powerbase is constrained by the Home Office. Therefore it is NOT an independent organisation.

It’s MLK ideological foundation where ANYBODY (including the racist anti-African officers of the Police Federation) is entitled to join the NBPA means the African members who dominate its management structure have not been prepared to firmly stand up on principle from the offset.

Ali Dizaei president of the Black Police Association? Give me a break, what next…. Ken Livingstone head of the 100 Black Men, Tony Blair president of Zimbabwe because europeans also “oppose the effects of racism”?

#11 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

Funny..... exactly three years ago around this time, Asians weren't 'black' then, were they? rolleyes.gif Not that it makes any difference to me personally, but it always amazes me how these people wish to play fast and loose with ethnicity when it suits them and the Africans around them don't check them on it.

If this alone isn't proof that labelling a people by a colour is a misnomer I don't know what is.

Edited by Mogho Naaba, 06 October 2008 - 04:59 PM.

#12 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3798 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:36 AM

"... But Muslim police groups have refused to support the MetBPA's boycott.

Members of the National Association of Muslim Police (Namp) expressed "reservations" about discouraging potential black and Asian recruits.

Supt Dal Babu said that, while he understood some of the concerns, Scotland Yard was making progress in improving race and faith relations ...

(Source (but also quoted elsewhere, as well as appearing on national TV news broadcasts last night))

"We want to join!"

#13 KeepFlame

KeepFlame

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents Jamaican Born

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (MarcusGarveyLives @ Oct 7 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"... But Muslim police groups have refused to support the MetBPA's boycott.

Members of the National Association of Muslim Police (Namp) expressed "reservations" about discouraging potential black and Asian recruits.

Supt Dal Babu said that, while he understood some of the concerns, Scotland Yard was making progress in improving race and faith relations ...

(Source (but also quoted elsewhere, as well as appearing on national TV news broadcasts last night))

"We want to join!"

This stance taken by a Muslim group I think is due to the pressure for Muslims not to be seen to be anti-English or anti-West. The White Supremacist in the media and English community have made some Muslims feel guilty about the actions of the apparently violent section of Islam. This is the same method the White Supremacist in the media and in the English community attempt to make Africans feel guilty about the actions of a fellow African that has mugged an old woman for example. This places some Africans in a position where they are constantly trying prove to the White Supremacist influenced so-called white community they are not like the mugger.

In the same way this Muslim police group is making efforts to appear to fit into the current White Supremacist Racist structure. They don't want to risk to be seen as being outside the English way of doing things through the eyes of the police force and wider public. The traditional ways of dealing with Racial issues within the force as we know by evidence preserves Racism. Racism is preserved within the force by making it appear that Racism is being tackled.

We conscious Africans know that when the Police Federation starts to investigate and/or suspend African or Asian officers for fighting against Racism it is likely that the correct anti-racism approach is being used.

Edited by KeepFlame, 07 October 2008 - 05:19 PM.

#14 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1530 posts
    Female Empowerment
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

Is just me or has anybody else noticed that when explaining why the BPA are telling African people not to join the police force it is not about the abuse from officers targeted at innocent members of their own community but instead the lack of promotion and opportunity to get ahead through the police ranks. I hope one of them has the integrity to break ranks and step up to the plate real soon, distancing themselves from Ghaffur and chums.

@ Keepflame
QUOTE (KeepFlame @ Oct 7 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We conscious Africans know that when the Police Federation starts to investigate and/or suspend African or Asian officers for fighting against Racism it is likely that the correct anti-racism approach is being used.

I disagree.

When the Police force starts to investigate and/or suspend a (Muslim) Asian and Iranian officer hiding behind (Christian) African officers for screaming racism it is likely that it is the members of the "Black" Police Association that are being used.

#15 KeepFlame

KeepFlame

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents Jamaican Born

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

@Toyin

QUOTE (Toyin @ Oct 7 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is just me or has anybody else noticed that when explaining why the BPA are telling African people not to join the police force it is not about the abuse from officers targeted at innocent members of their own community but instead the lack of promotion and opportunity to get ahead through the police ranks. I hope one of them has the integrity to break ranks and step up to the plate real soon, distancing themselves from Ghaffur and chums.

According to Alfred John who is Chairman of the MBPA it's about the lack of promotion and oppression that is suffered by so-called black and minority officers within the force. The following are a few statements that he is quoted of making:

"The MBPA's chairman, Alfred John, said it was "inherently dangerous for us to be encouraging people to join and walking into what we consider to be a hostile environment.

They will face racism, oppression -- we have seen over the past few weeks what can happen to senior managers who speak out about racism and discrimination that is taking place within the organisation."

Black police group discourages recruits to 'racist' London force

Africans are all to familiar with the Racism and oppression suffered within the workplace. Should we not be happy if Africans and Asian officers have their Rights recognized due to the current actions of MBPA?

It's correct to say that the BPA in this current dispute is not addressing the abuse suffered by Africans in the community at the hands of White Supremacist police officers. Further investigations will be made to establish whether at anytime they have made genuine efforts to tackle this abuse.

QUOTE (Toyin @ Oct 7 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (KeepFlame @ Oct 7 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree.

When the Police force starts to investigate and/or suspend a (Muslim) Asian and Iranian officer hiding behind (Christian) African officers for screaming racism it is likely that it is the members of the "Black" Police Association that are being used.

According to reports Tarique Ghaffur complied details over years about the Racism he suffered. He revealed the Racism in a press conference rather then going through the usual Metropolitan Police procedures that are designed to be ineffectual. This creates great fear within the Metropolitan Police because they don't know which African or Asian is doing or will do the same thing in the future. This places the police service in a position where they will have to treat African and Asian officers fairly or diminish the numbers. The latter option is not workable because the police force is meant to be representative. This is what is meant as the correct anti-racism approach.

Edited by KeepFlame, 07 October 2008 - 11:58 PM.

#16 MarcusGarveyLives

MarcusGarveyLives

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3798 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:46 AM

My question is this.

How is it that they are members of this federation when my own personal experience is that they are probably more racist towards black people than white people are ?

Have they answered you yet?

#17 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1530 posts
    Female Empowerment
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

@ Keepflame
QUOTE (KeepFlame @ Oct 8 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Africans are all to familiar with the Racism and oppression suffered within the workplace. Should we not be happy if Africans and Asian officers have their Rights recognized due to the current actions of MBPA?

Yes, but only if they are recognised. I sense the public is being manipulated into not seeing the Ghaffur matter as an issue of racism but instead a matter of competence, potential disloyalty (he is a muslim) and sour grapes over lack of future career progression.

It's correct to say that the BPA in this current dispute is not addressing the abuse suffered by Africans in the community at the hands of White Supremacist police officers. Further investigations will be made to establish whether at anytime they have made genuine efforts to tackle this abuse.

Let’s hope so.

According to reports Tarique Ghaffur complied details over years about the Racism he suffered. He revealed the Racism in a press conference rather then going through the usual Metropolitan Police procedures that are designed to be ineffectual. This creates great fear within the Metropolitan Police because they don't know which African or Asian is doing or will do the same thing in the future. This places the police service in a position where they will have to treat African and Asian officers fairly or diminish the numbers. The latter option is not workable because the police force is meant to be representative. This is what is meant as the correct anti-racism approach.

Thanks for the clarification. I understand and you are correct. smile.gif

#18 KeepFlame

KeepFlame

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents Jamaican Born

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

@Toyin

QUOTE (Toyin @ Oct 9 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but only if they are recognised. I sense the public is being manipulated into not seeing the Ghaffur matter as an issue of racism but instead a matter of competence, potential disloyalty (he is a muslim) and sour grapes over lack of future career progression.

Agreed. I think the media and the public relations arm of the police force have a strategy of making it appear that Ghaffur is trying to take advantage because he is Asian ("race card") rather than the fact there is a real Racism issue. This is one of the ploys of the White Supremacist to maintain second class treatment for so-called black and non-white people.

The increasing aggression by MBPA have threatened the police force which could be one of the reasons the Home Office have cut or frozen funds recently. White Supremacist at the Home Office will not continue to provide adequate funding to the MBPA if the organisations actions challenges the status quo. Hopefully the police force will be compelled to address the Racism due to MBPA call for a ethnic minority recruitment boycott. To establish if concerns have been addressed the proof will be in the results.

Many forces at work in crisis at the Met

Edited by KeepFlame, 09 October 2008 - 10:11 PM.

#19 Afritude

Afritude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Zimbabwean

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (MarcusGarveyLives @ Oct 5 2008, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see that the details of The National 'Black' Police Association have already been posted above as you are unable to look them up for yourself so that you can raise your concerns about them with them rather than with Ligalites.

The details of the Metropolitan 'Black' Police Association are set out below, so that you can also raise your concerns about them, with them, in case there is some reason why you cannot look this up for yourself:

Metropolitan 'Black' Police Association
The Piazza
Empress State Building
Empress Approach
Lillie Road
London SW6 1TR

Telephone: 020 7161 0941 / 0942
Fax: 020 7161 0115
Email info@metbpa.com

Do let us all know the outcome of your enquiries.

Metropolitan Black Police Association Urge Boycott of Metropolitan Police Force

Marcus Garvey... If you look at Toyins post below your one that I have highlighted might begin to understand my thrust here.

But anyway, let me put it bluntly. Asians do NOT love you !

I am grateful however for the info you supplied.

In love of Africa and Africans all over... even the sarcastic ones

#20 Afritude

Afritude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Zimbabwean

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (MarcusGarveyLives @ Oct 8 2008, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have they answered you yet?

Actually Marcus, I have made some inquiries amongst some black police officers that I know and whilst they consider my views on this issue a little extreme, they had something interesting to say.

When I have a little time I will post some bits and pieces of what they had to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users