African Literature, Film and Arts
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

Greetings Atehequa,

My apologies for the lateness of my response. Sadly our forums are under constant attack and many of our regular contributers now frequent the more popular social media websites. Nonethless there is still a wealth of information here and you are welcome to contribute to our forums.

I only ask you please be patient when waiting for replies, it is not an indication of hostlity to your presence.

Peace :smile:

Toyin

#122 Dada

Dada

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    English - Nigerian - Jamaican

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

My name is Dada, I may of posted on this forum before but a long time ago. 

Dada as you know is was an Art movement in europe just after World War I, and was about the absurd. In other words don't take my opinions too seriously.

Dada is also yoruba for a baby with very curly hair.

My moniker is reference to these that are "Coconuts" and also the very serious political implications of having a White person impersonate a Black person in order to be accepted in mainstream white media.

Anyhow I am Back and shall logging in a lot more frequently than 5 years or so. Back in the Day Blacknet Village and ligali were very cutting edge in Black thought and discourse. Hoping this has not changed here.  

My Original Moniker has been Tampered with by A Ligali Plutocrat who is opposed to the idea of Freedom of Expression
Posted Image

#123 Toyin

Toyin

Ligali Member

• 1532 posts
  • Interests:Pan Africanism & Human Rights
    Female Empowerment
    African Literature, Film and Arts
    Conscious Music
    Sci-Fi

• Cultural Heritage:
    Yoruba (Nigeria)

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

Greetings Dada,

it is good to hear from you. Sadly with the onset of alternative platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp the art of dialogue on forums such as these is slowly dying. 

Nevertheless, there still remains a wealth of ideas, knowledge, wisdom and history contained on these pages.

Thank you for clarifying the intent behind the Dada moniker and icon, I know it was long ago but we was wrong to interfere with your online identity in the way that we did and I apologise for our actions.

Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users