• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan, whose parents hail from Jamaica

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

Hotep one and all.
I've heard so much about Ligali over the years, so my joining is long overdue - better late than never.

I'm here through love of my Afrikan self, love of knowledge, love of our rich history, and love of our awesome potentiality. Iron sharpens iron, so whenever i can i aim to debate with great minds, share important news and events, read great threads, and make great friends.

i joined a couple of days ago as Miss Sirrius, but changed my username to Miss Ether 9

One love, one global Afrikan brother/sistahood.
Blessings,

MissEther9
happy.gif

#22 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:23 PM

Greetings sistren and welcome

It is nice to see new people willing to learn, share and grow. I hope that we can all come together as family to be a strong productive unit, especially in this year where we will be under constant attack from wilberforce fans.

Again welcome to the forums

Htp
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#23 MissEther9

MissEther9

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

Beautiful image you have there Djehutis,
I love it!

Thanks for your welcome.
MissEther9

biggrin.gif

#24 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:45 AM

Greetings Sis and welcome to the family. Pull up a chair and get comfortable and I look forward to learning and sharing with you.

Your sista
Voo
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#25 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:30 PM

@ MissEther9

Welcome, sis! I so look forward to learning from you.

As a matter of fact, I read some of your posts already and have already learnt.
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#26 MissEther9

MissEther9

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

Thank you, brother Scientist.
Thank you all.
Happy to be here.
happy.gif

#27 black aviator

black aviator

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Reading Factual info. sailing.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamrock

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Jan 11 2007, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings! Wow commercial Jet pilot eh? That sounds quite fantastic it must be something to be able to fly a jet what does that feel like?

first 12 months were great, but then i was on turboprop aircraft (dash-8) doing 4-5 sector days.....
then progressed on boeing 757 - lots of power, handles great
now 767 and boring long 8+ hour flights but less stressful, and less fatigue, but too much time away from home... some days better than others - novelty wears off after first year or so, looooong duty hours, hot/cold/light/dark. rude and uppity captains

mad.gif

#28 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:50 PM

@ black aviator

You've probably got one of the most exciting jobs in the world, bro!
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#29 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

I have noticed that we have a lot of new members so please if you see this, introduce yourself so we can properly accept you into the ligali fam.
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#30 Peace&Love

Peace&Love

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:16 AM

Hi

I'm not exactly new, as you might notice from my joining date and member number, but I must hang my head in shame over the fact that I really haven't posted much in these forums over the last few years...

I have passed through regularly and kept abreast of what's been happening, always with the intention of coming back and really getting stuck back in - but there are so many amazing people who come in here and eloquently articulate the things that I'm thinking, leaving me with little more to add... obviously that's not a complaint, more a tribute to those who can express themselves better than me, and hopefully my lack of regular postings (which I'd like to improve upon) will be seen as such.

Anyway, just wanted to greet all the newbies and (re?)introduce myself, in the hope that I might start to contribute more. I'm feeling particularly passionate about my African identity this year, so who knows.

#31 spirit

spirit

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ugandan/Indian

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Peace&Love @ Mar 28 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

I'm not exactly new, as you might notice from my joining date and member number, but I must hang my head in shame over the fact that I really haven't posted much in these forums over the last few years...

I have passed through regularly and kept abreast of what's been happening, always with the intention of coming back and really getting stuck back in - but there are so many amazing people who come in here and eloquently articulate the things that I'm thinking, leaving me with little more to add... obviously that's not a complaint, more a tribute to those who can express themselves better than me, and hopefully my lack of regular postings (which I'd like to improve upon) will be seen as such.

Anyway, just wanted to greet all the newbies and (re?)introduce myself, in the hope that I might start to contribute more. I'm feeling particularly passionate about my African identity this year, so who knows.

Greetings Peace & Love

I know what you mean, this forum is one of the few places where Africans from various backgrounds can share opinions learn, and support each other and I appreciate the work that Ligali had done and continues to do to maintain this invaluable forum.

Peace
'I HAVE ADVOCATED AND I STILL ADVOCATE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE'
SISTER ASSATA SHAKUR

#32 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Peace&Love @ Mar 28 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

Greetings,

I am glad that you have returned ready to share and grow as we all must in this ever turbulent societal climate to which Africans are being subjected. Even if you have to just say i agree, it is nice to know that our family are always with and and showing support for one another. I (re) welcome you to the forums and hope that our paths will again cross whilst we are both involved in the learning and growing that I have been lucky enough to partake in here on the ligali forums. May all the peace and blessings of the creator be with you always.

Hotep.

#33 amalight

amalight

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Grenadian

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

Just a quick line to introduce myself and say a big hello to all the Africans of conscience and resolution on this site. I was particularly inspired by Toyin's demonstration of leadership and courage in the face of a seemingly benign but ruthless empress and her Government. We are living in dangerous times - but a people who are oppressed always find the will to fight in dangerous times.

#34 PantherWoman

PantherWoman

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (amalight @ Mar 30 2007, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick line to introduce myself and say a big hello to all the Africans of conscience and resolution on this site. I was particularly inspired by Toyin's demonstration of leadership and courage in the face of a seemingly benign but ruthless empress and her Government. We are living in dangerous times - but a people who are oppressed always find the will to fight in dangerous times.

Welcome Amalight!

smile.gif

#35 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (amalight @ Mar 30 2007, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forums amalight, it is always good to add a new member to the family. I hope you are with us when we say that we plan to follow Toyin's example and do all that is possible to ensure the safe and swift return to our rightful status on this planet as African people. To do this we can first get together here and learn grow and share together that we may be prepared for our eventual goal.

Again Welcome.

Hotep

#36 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

#37 Afriadom

Afriadom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    African

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

Greetings all of us

I am Afriadom introducing me, a new sista to the forum. We give thanks for the opportunity to share our thoughts, experiences and spirits together and to support each other.

Continuing goodness, strength and force as our ancestors expect of us and how we honour them.

#38 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

Greetings sister Afriadom,

As I have said before it is always good to add a new member to the forums and refreshing to see new members who actually want to learn grow and share mentally as well as spiritually. I am sure there will be many occasions for us all to come together and discuss how best to progress as a people under the guidance and blessings of the creator and our ancestors.

Hotep sistren

#39 AfriCariBrit

AfriCariBrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    British, Jamaican, African

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

Greeting and Goodnight all,

Having been massively inspired by Toyin's greatness, I'm here keen to learn, grow and do - looking forward to moving forward with y'all. Don't have as much time as I'd like to contribute to discussions, and share Peace&Love's sentiments on there being many strong and eloquent voices who say what I'm thinking only put it betterer! but I'll do what i can when I can, and will always be sending nuff peace and love.

ACB

#40 Shola Ogunlokun

Shola Ogunlokun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Nigeria

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

I'm new as well, I'm a Computer Analyst, Driving Instructor, Citizen Journalist and proud to be African.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users