Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:25 PM

I have noticed a great influx of new members many of whom have not posted and I think it would be a good idea to all introduce yourselves so that we may all come together as a family and hopefully encourage all members to post.

ALL NEW MEMBERS PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES

ALL EXISTING MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE NEW MEMBERS FEEL WELCOME

(this thread is for introductions and greetings only and any troublemakers will be asked to leave this thread!)
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#2 mtDNA

mtDNA

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Technology, Geo-Politics, Meta-Physics.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Plenty of it.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

Hello... its a pleasure being here and reading the thoughts of others and interracting with the community.

Having travelled all over the net places like these are so rare. It seems the Nubian / African etc collective conciousness is so severely battered that at most other boards there is nothing but the same dross I see in the confuse papers and on tell-a-lie-vision.

Thank de lawd for ligali.

Also, I am so impressed that Ligali is now the proud owner of 50UKP per month from my bad self. I believe in putting my hard earned cash where my mouth is. I hope others can see I'm nothing special and be inspired to follow suit.

God bless one and all here... and please.. keep the fire kindled if not burning...
It is, has, and always will be about the TRUTH.

#3 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:15 AM

Welcome mtDNA

I am sure the mods are pleased that you are so happy with the site. I have had a great time here too and think it is the best place to learn and share information. It is a wonderful place. Welcome to the ligali family. I hope you continue to enjoy your time here as much as you have been already.
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#4 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:46 AM

Karibu, mtDNA!

#5 spirit

spirit

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Ugandan/Indian

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

Greetings Ligali family

I'm not exactly new to the Ligali forum as I have posted once or twice in the past, but have started to post more often in the last month or two. I am an academic, I teach and conduct research in the area of Criminology and am currently writing up my PhD thesis.

Since a child, I have always had a sense of the deeply ingrained racism that exists in this country/world and my spirit has never been able to rest as a result.

I am deeply passionate about the welfare of Africans all over the world, and I try to support and work with others who are committed to the welfare of our people. At the moment I am trying to work with the young people in our communities many of whom are affected by the issues on the 'street' (but ultimately it's in their consciouness) and the self destructive behaviour that some of our young people engage in. My intentions are to help raise the consciousness of young people so they have an understanding of what's really going on and who the real enemy is.

I am Ugandan born, my mother was African and my father Indian, however, the because of the ingrained racism against Africans amongst Indians, they treat us with scorn, as they do with all Africans. My African family and the African community as a whole, however, embrace me where ever I go.

I hope to be able to contribute to this forum not only by engaging in discussion and debate, but also hope that my knowledge in Criminology/academia and research skills may also be useful in more practical ways, eg. share information on policing matters, racism in the criminal (in)justice system etc.

There is so much more I could say because I chat nuff! I could go on for ages but I won't... If anyone wants to know more, please feel free to ask. dry.gif
'I HAVE ADVOCATED AND I STILL ADVOCATE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE'
SISTER ASSATA SHAKUR

#6 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

Much love and greetings mtDNA & spirit.

@mtDNA

I love your user name and the break down of its meaning it ios truley powerful and taught me something i hope to learn much from you about technology as my knowledge is kinda limited and hope i can share any info i have which you might find useful.

@ spirit

Deep! No doubt i shall also be learning much from you and you can help enlighten me further on the injustice system before i have my sons and leave this place.

Oshun
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#7 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

Wassup y'all I'm new!

#8 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Mogho Naaba @ Jan 7 2007, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wassup y'all I'm new!

laugh.gif which part?
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#9 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Jan 7 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif which part?

Gooweh!

#10 Tafari Shabazz

Tafari Shabazz

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:41 AM

Wassup y'all I'm new!

Well actually, I suppose I am kinda new? I only joined a couple of months ago afterall. So hi Ligali peeps, wassup bredrin/sistrin, I am Tafari, although I'd prefer to be addressed as His Majesty Prince Tafari Shabazz The Great (just kidding)

ps welcome/karibu, Spirit!

#11 Dangerous Kid

Dangerous Kid

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    West African - Igbo

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

guess i'm still new so braaaaap! braaaap!

#12 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Jan 7 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif which part?

Dare we ask!

@ mtDNA, spirit and dangerous kid

Much love and warmest greetings to you all. Look forward to our family discussions, rows, conferences, break ups and make ups. Most importanly, I look forward to learning from you all.

Love and Liberation
Voo
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#13 black aviator

black aviator

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Reading Factual info. sailing.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamrock

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:40 PM

Hi

great to be here - been based away from england for a few months, im a commercial jet pilot - now back and glad.

R.

#14 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:25 AM

Greetings black aviator

I don't know why you came back personally but hey, to each his own. I hope you enjoy it here. Welcome and may the munificence of the most high come unto you through many blessings of knowledge and wisdom shared on the ligali board.

#15 mtDNA

mtDNA

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Technology, Geo-Politics, Meta-Physics.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Plenty of it.

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:42 AM

@ Oshun

Great to hear of your interest in technology. I know a little... some of it useful, some wont be...
Looking forward to sharing and airing....

Peace and blessing....
It is, has, and always will be about the TRUTH.

#16 Mamazen

Mamazen

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    African American

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

Hi!

It's great to have this forum here to learn from.....

I'm an Organic Grower here in the Midwest.
Visit my world..........
Yarn into cloth. Cloth into dolls. Pan-African Dolls. Little Pan-African Cloth Peoples
Watching. Eating. Preserving. Growing. Being. The Blogletter. Afican Zen Woman

#17 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Mamazen @ Jan 9 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi!

Greetings, Im Hotep

I hope that you prosper while growing true food of life and that the light of life given by the most high ensures a bountiful harvest for a person who has taken on a very necessary task for the GM food age.

Welcome to the forums. I am sure you will enjoy your time here.

Shem Hotep

#18 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:50 PM

A warm welcome to all the new members out there, each and everyone of you! I look forward to learning from all of you.
[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#19 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

oops wrong thread!

Edited by Mogho Naaba, 11 January 2007 - 01:45 PM.

#20 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (black aviator @ Jan 8 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

great to be here - been based away from england for a few months, im a commercial jet pilot - now back and glad.
R.

Greetings! Wow commercial Jet pilot eh? That sounds quite fantastic it must be something to be able to fly a jet what does that feel like? I look forward to hearing lots of interesting stories from you. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mamazen @ Jan 9 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi!

Much love & greetings, i've always wanted to grow my own food as i believe the only way to ensure optimum food health & nutrition is to have complete control over everything you eat, you must tell me all about it, what do you grow?

Edited by Oshun, 11 January 2007 - 10:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users