• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#1 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Are you African: Y
  • Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:58 PM

Did anyone manage to catch the Panorama Special last night on Hooliganism? I don't think I've laughed that much for months!

Watching the primitive animal instinct emerge in the British football Hooligan was classic television and proved what pretty much what most of us know; deep down (though not too deep), most european males are savage thugs who have an irrational desire for violence. What made me laugh the most was that these primitive savages didn't need to be coerced into violence, they'd just throw a chair or a glass for the sheer hell of it. How sad. At one point, I thought I'd accidentally switched over to Animal Planet!
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#2 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:30 PM

Truly, I can't understand the logic of hooliganism. You support Chelsea. I support Millwall. But I hate you cuz you're a Blue so take that you c***...WHACK!

I remember watching Football Factory a couple of years which was a film on hooligans; grown men organizing fights with rival gangs for a quick "buzz" high on coke. Caveman behavior or what?

Edited by The Freelance Scientist, 03 August 2006 - 01:34 PM.

[i]The Freelance Scientist: He Is The Eternal Student.

#3 blackberry

blackberry

Advanced Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:32 PM

The papers this morning gave me particular joke. You know, how Britain is becoming a nation of binge drinkers. [b] Becoming? Hello? They love their liquer like no ones business and the fact that they can blame the drink afterwards for the base behaviour they indulge in while 'under the influence' is just a bonus.

I was in Covent Garden waiting for a friend the day of the England vs Portugal match, this was just after England had lost and i had some drunkards- in- the- making next to me doing just as you saw on Panorama last night: feigning anger and 'passion' at the match result and trying to assault the bin bags outside Oasis. "Arghh i'm so f*cking mad!!!... f*cking portugese... we should have won that....." The shop window then became the object of frustration. The thug wanabee didn't break the window though.

Then there were more of them in the same manner, lager in hand, trying to fight some continental Euros.
It is really like watching Animal Planet, but seeing a toned down version of the behaviour in real life made me feel like i was in the cage with the buffoons at London Zoo.

#4 Voo

Voo

Ligali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1306 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, literature, music, language, culture, people, progression and revolution...

• Cultural Heritage:
    Parents were born in Grenada

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:51 AM

Nuff said.
"To kill a woman is to kill humanity itself"

#5 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

#6 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • Interests:Education, Politics, Current Affairs, Dialogue with the community and others.

I like going to the gym, playing football and travelling the world. I'm at university at the moment.

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:41 PM

laugh.gif

#7 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:32 AM

This is so sad, Why do people have to fill brand new life with hate and violence then when one of them kills another child at the age of 8 or 10 the parents will be sitting around scratching they're arse wondering what went wrong!
Some people really should be vetted before they're allowed to have children.
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#8 The Freelance Scientist

The Freelance Scientist

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Mandinka

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:31 PM

That kid, like it or not, is the future of this country. Do Africans have a stake in this country's future?

#9 Paleface

Paleface

Advanced Contributor

• Expired
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• Are you African: N

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

Er, isn't that kid wearing a Dutch football strip? http://www.feyenoord...tent/index.html

As for him being the future of this country, any one who lets their bairns behave like that is hardly setting them up for the ruling class. He'll probably just become (yet) another economically disempowered angry young man. Can Africans have a stake in Britain if they only identify with being African? According to the C4 documentary (The Great Black Invasion), the future majority population of the UK is likely to be mixed race.

Edited by Paleface, 09 August 2006 - 09:24 AM.

#10 Twang

Twang

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Paleface @ Aug 9 2006, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er, isn't that kid wearing a Dutch football strip?

Iwas waiting for that it dont make a shit bit of difference I remember when my youngest son was not much older than that and 2 grimey scummy little blue foot kids call him a black wog in the park and they both had Westham shirts on.

As for him being the future of this country, any one who lets their bairns behave like that is hardly setting them up for the ruling class. He'll probably just become (yet) another economically disempowered angry young man. Can Africans have a stake in Britain if they only identify with being African? According to the C4 documentary (The Great Black Invasion), the future majority population of the UK is likely to be mixed race.

Mixed race indeed rolleyes.gif

#11 BlackMatta

BlackMatta

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Nigerian

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

The "middle finger up" gesture is very English.

The straight arm aloft and slightly curved finger variation is perculiarly English.

The kids eyes, forehead and protruding ears are other English features.

His straight teeth, hair colour and shirt may be more typically Dutch by I am not persuaded. I would say he is English.

popcorn.gif

Edited by BlackMatta, 09 August 2006 - 11:16 AM.

Wisdom, not power.

#12 Paleface

Paleface

Advanced Contributor

• Expired
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:32 AM

It doesn't make a bit of difference? This thread is entitled Bri'ish Culcha (which I assume means British Culture). If the photo is of a dutch boy, then it does make a difference. To be fair though, I'm no football fan, it tends to involve pubs full of fat drunk man baying at a screen. It always struck me as a great irony that the supporters were often in poor health.

Two kids in a park called your son a name, that means all British football supporters (including those of African descent) are guilty of that insult? That's pretty one dimensional thinking Twang. Posters here have called me many names, that doesn't automatically entail that all people of African descent are racists.

"Mixed race indeed"

I was surprised too, apparently the largest growing ethnic group in the UK is "dual heritage". Personally, I feel this is a good thing (if it is true), it undermines militant positions in both european and non-european people.

"The kids eyes, forehead and pertruding ears are other English features.
His straight teeth, hair colour and shirt may be more typically Dutch by I am not persuaded. I would say he is English"

Do you also fail to distinguish between Jamaicans and Africans? His shirt isn't "typically" Dutch, actually it's specifically Belgian.

Edited by Paleface, 09 August 2006 - 10:36 AM.

#13 BlackMatta

BlackMatta

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Nigerian

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (Paleface @ Aug 9 2006, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread is entitled Bri'ish Culcha (which I assume means British Culture).

Almost troll proof. wink.gif

Do you also fail to distinguish between Jamaicans and Africans?

Please expand.

His shirt isn't "typically" Dutch, actually it's specifically Belgian.

Interesting comment from one who is "no football fan". The club is in the Dutch league and plays in Rotterdam, so why would the shirt be specifically Belgian?

Edited by BlackMatta, 09 August 2006 - 11:00 AM.

Wisdom, not power.

#14 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:00 AM

It doesn't make a bit of difference? This thread is entitled Bri'ish Culcha (which I assume means British Culture). If the photo is of a dutch boy, then it does make a difference. To be fair though, I'm no football fan, it tends to involve pubs full of fat drunk man baying at a screen. It always struck me as a great irony that the supporters were often in poor health.

Two kids in a park called your son a name, that means all British football supporters (including those of African descent) are guilty of that insult? That's pretty one dimensional thinking Twang. Posters here have called me many names, that doesn't automatically entail that all people of African descent are racists.

"Mixed race indeed"

I was surprised too, apparently the largest growing ethnic group in the UK is "dual heritage". Personally, I feel this is a good thing (if it is true), it undermines militant positions in both european and non-european people.

"The kids eyes, forehead and pertruding ears are other English features.
His straight teeth, hair colour and shirt may be more typically Dutch by I am not persuaded. I would say he is English"

Do you also fail to distinguish between Jamaicans and Africans? His shirt isn't "typically" Dutch, actually it's specifically Belgian.

There have been many people who have called me names when I went to my first and last football match then there was the little kid who said "all black people look like fresh shit" and all because of she lost at a game of jump rope to a little african princess then there was a friend of mine once upon a time who told me that he was a racist when he was younger, a west ham supporter. Then he came out with that racism not long ago, I have not spoken to him since. Then there is the sociology teacher at my college who is under the impression that caribbeans are not africans any more because they WENT to the caribbean, not that they were dragged there against their will. Then she openly blames Africans for all crime in society saying that they are realistically responsible for it all, gun crime, knife crime, physical and verbal abuse you name it she thinks Africans are responsible and she says it all while smiling. I could go on for days. The fact of the matter is that it is a gross understatement for Africans on this site to state that it's only football in Bri'ish Culcha that is full of racism. In fact I am quite convinced that y'all are born that way and just try all through your lives to learn to be civilised by following the rules and regulations of such unspoken doctrines as Liberalism, which is still unsuccessful in removing racism from your people. Notice I did not say the disease of racism because everytime that is said it makes it sound like it is not the fault of the fool who is like that.

He was not surprised to see that there are much more mixed race people I'm sure of that. I and nobody else here is surprised but this is not a good thing. Not only will we be eternally mixed in with a cultureless people but have you seen what happens throughout history when Africans are forced or are stupid enough to mix with another people. I suggest you take a look at the conception of Egypt for one example. Look at the state of the Africans in America. Take a look and see what happens when a people of culture mix with the cultureless because I'm sure you'll find that Africans leave these relationships crippled.

Paleface I will tell you this. When this one blows up in your face and you end up in an endless arguement I will not stop it this time. I am ashamed I even asked everyone to leave the last one alone. You are not at all a person of your word because nobody attacked you but you were happy to drop your opinion on this topic after your sincere speech. Good luck. You'll need it.
I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#15 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

I'm just glad I don't see African men stooping to this animalistic behaviour in the name of sports.

#16 Oshun

Oshun

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    AfricanCarribean

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:49 PM

So ok, let me get this right are you saying that because this is (possibly) a picture of a Dutch boy that this reference in this thread is unfair? That surely a British child would never act such a way? Would you prefer it if the thread was named european Culcha?
Yes it may have been a misnomer to use a child of the wrong nationality but i'm sure the point the poster was trying to make is that there is much of a muchness amongst europeans and they're childrens behaviour with regard to this sort of thing.

Till this moment i've left you alone and not bothered with your opinions but now your getting on my tits, why are you here (again) what do you want? So much for your sincerity and last post posts, the bottom line is you will never be on this side of the fence and know the constant daily bulls**t that has to be faced by us in varying degrees no matter how liberal you are. For God's sake if it means so very much to for us to be all accepting and embrassing then go to a proffessional dramatic makeup artist and try and live one day as an african man. Until that moment just leave it alone.

@ PH

Babes i tried to ignore it, i really did!
SHINE ON, daughter of a thousand generations, send your light fourth into this tired world...
SHINE ON, mother of a thousand dreams tend to those dreams with strength and compassion...
SHINE ON, woman of a thousand hopes, show everyone the beauty within you - the beauty that comes from knowing who you are

#17 Mogho Naaba

Mogho Naaba

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Afrikan by way of the Native Indian homelands

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Oshun @ Aug 9 2006, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ PH

Babes i tried to ignore it, i really did!

Hmmph!! mad.gif

#18 Paleface

Paleface

Advanced Contributor

• Expired
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 02:48 PM

So ok, let me get this right are you saying that because this is (possibly) a picture of a Dutch boy that this reference in this thread is unfair?

Nope, just that it's a picture of a dutch boy - and so it's not really a relevant illustration of the point Twang wanted to make. I'm not concerned with the image being fair, I don't particularly like football fans, as I pointed out. Much of this forum is solely concerned with disparaging europeans. That doesn't offend me, it just seems a bit tragic to accept such small victories. It appears that many posters are defined purely by what they oppose, not by what they promote.

Yes it may have been a misnomer to use a child of the wrong nationality but i'm sure the point the poster was trying to make is that there is much of a muchness amongst europeans and they're childrens behaviour with regard to this sort of thing.

Whether or not you subscribe to generalisations like this is entirely up to you. europeans also make the same generalisations about hooliganism, class, race and so forth. Its nothing new.

Till this moment i've left you alone and not bothered with your opinions but now your getting on my tits, why are you here (again) what do you want?

Does everyone have to have an agenda? What bothers you so much that I can't point out the lad is Dutch? I could tell you the sky was blue and I imagine someone here would find a way to accuse me of being Eurocentric. LOL!

Edited by Paleface, 09 August 2006 - 02:50 PM.

#19 Djehutis Wisdom

Djehutis Wisdom

Family

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

• Cultural Heritage:
    Jamaican

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Do you see where those arrows are headed, thats what Oshun is talking about.

Look at the ligali logo it says 'The forum for African people'

So lets look at Oshun's question again.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

I was born with two ears and one mouth. One guess as to which should be used more.

#20 Paleface

Paleface

Advanced Contributor

• Expired
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

'cos you're talking rubbish?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users